PDA

View Full Version : TruePoker Stats...you make the call

HUSKER'66
11-20-2003, 07:40 PM
I don't know if anybody else has trouble sometimes understanding the stats feature at True. Take a look at the numbers listed below and tell me how you think our hero did. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif

412 Hands played

Games Won: 16%

Showdowns Won: 69% /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Flops Seen: 39% /images/graemlins/blush.gif(this can't be right!)

Win % if flop seen: 39%

Actions:

Fold: 37%
Check:22%
Call: 22%
Bet: 13%
Raise:5%
Reraise: 1% /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Where You Fold:

Preflop: 60%
Flop : 14%
Turn : 5%
River : 1%
No Fold: 19%

What do you gleam from these stats? Good round? Horrible?!?

I for one think that the flop % is way to high /images/graemlins/blush.gif, especially for my normal play (oh yea forgot to mention, I'm the Hero) The only thing that I can deduce is on TruePoker if you are playing 1/2 both the blinds (small and big) put up $1. This allowed me to stay in for the flop a lot of times that on other sites with different blind structures I wouldn't have paid the extra to see the flop.

I played 249 out of the 412 at 1/2, the rest (163) at 2/4.

This took place last night from 6:35 Pm cst until approx 1:00 am cst, with a few short breaks in between.(approx 5.25 hours of play)

I'll come back later tonight and post my fate. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

rkiray
11-20-2003, 08:14 PM
Actually I really like TruePoker stats. Especially the long term and short term, and you can reset both.

One reason that your % might be too high (and even this doesn't explain everything unless you are being run over by deck) is that many of TP's LL games are very loose passive so you should be able to play more hands. But I still think you need to be below 30%.

Nottom
11-20-2003, 08:36 PM
One thing i've noticed about TP stats is that split pots screw them up and count as 2 hands, at least for winning purposes. I've been the proud owner of a 200% win when flops seen on a few occasions at TP

Sarge85
11-21-2003, 01:32 AM
Husker,

The reason your pre-flop percentage is higher, is due to the weird blind structure they use. Since SB and BB are the same, you see more pots, your seeing hands from the SB with 47o when you'd probably muck anywhere else. (Like you said you see more flops)

My flop % is around 33-35 also. Your sample size is pretty small, and i'm sure in the long run, it will drop to around the low to mid 30's level. I've been winning there consistently (although for some reason the last two days have been tougher)

As far as your other stats. For some reason in my mind, I'm happy if my Bet+Raise+Re-raise total is higher than my Call%. I don't know why I picked that as a benchmark, but I guess I would gleen from that that I'm being properly aggressive.

Your showdown percentage is awesome. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Vehn
11-21-2003, 01:40 AM
1255 Hands played

Games Won: 18%

Showdowns Won: 65%

Flops Seen: 34%

Win % if flop seen: 40%

Actions:

Fold: 41%
Check:20%
Call: 15%
Bet: 14%
Raise:9%
Reraise: 1%

Where You Fold:

Preflop: 62%
Flop : 11%
Turn : 4%
River : 2%
No Fold: 21%

I've been murdering this site too /images/graemlins/tongue.gif 5/10 and 10/20 mostly. Meh.

HUSKER'66
11-21-2003, 04:03 AM
rkiray,

Agreed.(on the 30% mark) I just found it curious some of the numbers from this session. I ran $88 up to $409 in just about 5 1/2 hours......so it was a good night. Appreciate your input as always.

HUSKER'66
11-21-2003, 04:05 AM
nottom,

only 200%?.............(lol)you are da man!

HUSKER'66
11-21-2003, 04:11 AM
sarge,

Good points, thank you. I agree that the sample is too small for a real study, I just felt like sharing.;) It was the statistical history of what I consider a good night. I was averaging over 13 BB/hr at 1/2 and almost 27 BB/hr at 2/4. Impossible to sustain in the long run......ok, it's was a very good night.

HUSKER'66
11-21-2003, 04:14 AM
vehn,

WOW, good numbers! Well that's why your a pooh-bah...LOL. Thanks for sharing your stats. Stay up where the big fish are, and leave the "guppies" for me!