PDA

View Full Version : fish sauce

bad beetz
11-20-2003, 06:14 PM
20/40.

I open raise in SB against non-chopping, solid, thinking, slightly overagressive vietnamese player in BB. I have AQo. He calls.

I say, "Aiyah! nookmaam do ma mae xieang," which I think means, "I'm surprised. Fish sauce. F*ck you, white boy."

Flop comes ragged with a queen. I bet, he calls.

Turn comes another rag, but two of a suit. I check, he bets, I call.

River comes another total rag. I check, he bets, I raise.

like?

Tommy Angelo
11-20-2003, 06:29 PM
"like?"

Some things yes, some no.

"I say, "Aiyah!"

I like your spelling.

"Turn comes another rag ...I check."

But your check on the turn was offal. (<--Worth the time to look up. :-) )

Tommy

bad beetz
11-20-2003, 06:31 PM
I think they put offal in nookmaam.

Also, I saw an "Aya Sushi," the other day and I wondered if that was the correct spelling.

I checked because the board was so ragged he didn'thave a draw, he had a hand, and if I check he'll put me on AK and bet, which he did.

Yeknom58
11-20-2003, 08:57 PM
I think your turn check was bad but the river CR was worse.

If he has a med PP I'm betting he checks behind on the river and if he does bet the river only sometimes will he call that raise. I think this is his most likely holding.

If he has you beat many times you'll get 3 bet on the river and you'll be extremely tempted to call.

Even if he has a hand like KQ/QJ you probably lose money. He might check behind on the river thinking you won't call any bets with a no pair hand like AK.

Ulysses
11-20-2003, 09:10 PM
I don't like the turn check. I don't like the lack of a turn checkraise. I'm not a big fan of the river check.

glen
11-20-2003, 09:14 PM
I think the check-raise came one street too late. . .

rharless
11-20-2003, 09:22 PM
To save you another dictionary trip, it is spelled "Nuoc Mam" with various funny accents over each vowel. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Unfortunately my momma never taught me curse words, so I can't address any part of the sentence after the fish sauce.

Zeno
11-20-2003, 10:19 PM
A few people are raising the flag of doubt about your play. I like it. Offalness is something to be savored, like a six-pack of Hamm’s after a daylong hike in the scorching desert. You did well, especially if you didn't have to show your hand.

Others will bray and blather on about this and that or toss a few numbers or technical jargon into the thin, hot air like fine dust. Not to worry, you gutted the animal, and have the offal for some delicious soup. With hot sauce - forget that fish sauce.

-Zeno

bad beetz
11-21-2003, 12:46 AM
bong.

The key to this is that there's NO FRICKEN DRAW AT ALL, so this over aggressive opponent who can also fold is not betting a draw, he's betting a hand that he thinks is better than mine. So if I reveal that my hand is actually better than his early, like on the turn, he'll fold. But if I do it later, like on the river, then he'll probably still fold but I get an extra bet. He called and I won and he didn't show.

What's so damn wrong. I posted cause I though it was badass, but I guess it sucked. I don't know how to play this game.

And if Nuoc Mam tastes like it smells, forget about it, I'd rather eat my pureed gym sock.

Ulysses
11-21-2003, 01:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I posted cause I though it was badass

[/ QUOTE ]

Checkraise the turn and river.

nykenny
11-21-2003, 12:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I posted cause I though it was badass, but I guess it sucked.

[/ QUOTE ]
it was badass, i like. u used ur positional disadvantage as an advantage, it was real classic heads up maximization expert display.

i might take it down and try it sometime (but i chop)

kenny

nykenny
11-21-2003, 12:13 PM
Ulysses would be more badass, obviously. thank god you not in my game, or i'd have to stay out of your pots all night. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

kenny

nykenny
11-21-2003, 12:27 PM
mike keep posting these hands, they are interesting discussion topics. unlike most other, AA on cut-off 3 betting multiway 20-40 loose game posts, you know what i mean? a debatable short hand, heads up play in a full game is worth reading more than some obvious plays.

Coilean
11-21-2003, 02:57 PM
Why does he have to fold to a check raise on the turn, aren't you a threat to semibluff here with AK? Losing this guy on the turn is only terrible if he's bluffing with no outs (which you don't seem to consider likely); if he has a hand (which would usually mean a pair) you don't mind as much if he folds his probable 5 outs (although, obviously you prefer that he call given the small pot). You seem to think he has something though, so check raise the turn and let him sweat about what you're up to. If he frequently folds a pair to your turn check raise, don't you think this is either a sign you are too predictable in this spot or that you can make lots of money by pushing him off hands?

Don't get me wrong, I still think your line works okay here (and makes for a pretty good changeup to keep your heads up play unpredictable), but I would favor it a lot more if you thought there was a decent chance BB was bluffing when he bet the turn.

WillMagic
11-21-2003, 03:34 PM
the correct "spelling" is ai ya.

those three years of chinese classes in high school should be worth something, no?

Will