PDA

View Full Version : ShortHanded Flop Checkraise?

01-02-2002, 01:20 PM
Hi Forum,

Its been a while, been working hard in College so I haven't been playing much, but during this winter break I started playing a shorthanded game with some friends to keep my skills from rusting out.

My friends I play with are two loose aggressive players who usually would get killed in a ring game, but now I'm feeling like the sucker. This isn't all bad because I need the workout in my short game anyway and the stakes aren't too high.

The question I have is how to deal with a loose player who just learned he could check raise the flop with a weak hand to get me to fold my weak but somewhat better holding?

Some more information: I raised the pot preflop on the UTG/Dealer position (I usually fold or come in for a raise); after this happened twice in a short time I called him down with Ace-High and he showed me K8o but he got lucky and caught an 8 on the turn, other than that he had nothing on the flop except one overcard.

CV

01-02-2002, 03:46 PM
reraise the flop then decide whether to check him down, or bet into him on the turn with a medium holding. if ya check the turn and he bets the river, just call. this should slow him down. watch how he reacts. and go from there. the flop is a cheap betting round, but a great iinformation round..

b

01-02-2002, 11:28 PM
Seems simple enough I had about the same idea. If he really had a great hand he would probably wait for the Turn to check raise.

CV