PDA

View Full Version : please critique my play

str8 hen-E
11-20-2003, 05:23 PM
I feel like I played this hand to its max, but I'd love any input on how to get an extra bet in the pot if at all possible.

I'm in the cutoff with 2 red queens. UTG+1 opens for a raise and 3 others call before it gets to me. I reraise and all 4 call.

Flop comes... A /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif

Checked to me, I bet and 3 call including initial raiser preflop.

Turn is 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Check, Check, Bet. I raise and get 2 callers. (preflop raiser folds)

River 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Checked to me, I bet and both call. My set is good.

Was this hand played correctly, or was there more money to be won??

SossMan
11-20-2003, 06:07 PM
It's too bad the hand was a mis-deal since there were two 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif in the deck.
Other than that, you bet at every oppurtunity and had the best hand the whole way. Not really any other way you could have played it. You're not gonna slow play that flop w/ a st8 and flush draws (or made hands) out there. With your position, all you can do is bet and hope to get check raised so you can reraise.

ML4L
11-20-2003, 08:35 PM
The first thing that I'd do is ask for a new deck; one that did not contain two 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif...

ML4L

str8 hen-E
11-20-2003, 10:36 PM
Thanks for the constructive criticism ML4L...seeing as someone posted the same statement 2.5 hrs earlier. And for the record the river was the 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

nykenny
11-21-2003, 12:36 PM
this hand is boring. nothing wrong with it except the deck might be no good.