PDA

View Full Version : What to do with 99 or TT in early position?

01-02-2002, 09:19 AM
Can someone give me advice on how to play 99 or TT in early position? I always make mistakes in this situation.

01-02-2002, 09:32 AM
In a mostly tight game I will raise first in with TT in any position. I will limp with 99 until I'm 3 off the button then I'll raise first in.

In loose games where any ace or king suited is played I will limp more than raise.

01-02-2002, 01:42 PM
If you always make mistakes, fold.

If you play in mostly loose games, just call and hope for a good flop.

01-03-2002, 07:59 AM
I think you're missing the point here...... he said he's making mistakes so don't TELL him to make a mistake- folding 99 or TT is bad advice. If he were making huge errors post flop then it would be better to fold these hands but then that wouldn't be the issue. BTW, I agree that it's correct to just limp in loose games.

Kris

01-03-2002, 12:27 PM
I think folding is good advice if playing TT/99 from early position is not +EV for him. Just because some people can play a hand in early position and make money, it doesn't mean everybody can.

Perhaps after he has played the hand more in middle and late position, he will get good enough to play it in early position. I think Lee Jones had a post where in the games he played in he didn't think he could play 99/88 for +EV utg. So he was just going to fold it most times.

01-03-2002, 01:24 PM
I think folding is good advice if playing TT/99 from early position is not +EV for him.

Lee Jones had a post where in the games he played in he didn't think he could play 99/88 for +EV utg.

I think the best advice for both of these situations is to change tables.

The possibility of relatively easy to play hands like sets, overpairs, and straight draws should make 88-TT +EV UTG in any decent game.

01-03-2002, 07:05 PM
Well, then maybe you should give Aaron some advice. He says he has trouble playing them.