PDA

View Full Version : Was I a river wuss?

chesspain
11-20-2003, 04:17 PM
Paradise 1/2 Just sat down, but table flop % was close to 40%.

I post in MP, and am dealt T /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Folded to me and I check, folded to the CO who calls, folded to the SB who calls, BB raises, I call, CO and SB call.

9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Checked to the BB who bets, I raise, CO coldcalls, SB folds, BB calls.

[9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif] 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB bets, I raise, CO coldcalls again, BB calls

[9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif] 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif

BB checks, I check, CO checks

Should I have bet the river? And was calling the PF raise questionable, even though I assumed that the limpers would all call?

chesspain
11-20-2003, 04:23 PM
BB showed A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif for the overplayed TPTK
CO showed 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif for the "never say die" hand

jbc
11-20-2003, 04:30 PM
Chess,

BB's play definitely seemed indicitave of top or over pair play, while CO seemed to be drawing. Without a reraise on the flop or turn from BB, I think this is a good bet on the river. Sure CO will have the flush some times but I think a bet here will be long term +EV.

Play well,
jbc

Barry
11-20-2003, 04:42 PM
First of all, I never post in MP. Either wait until your natural blind or post right behind the button to get the maximum # of "free" hands.

It's almost a certainty that the CO and SB will call so you would be getting 7:1 to call, so it's probably not too bad of a decision to call here. My normal reaction used to be to fold, but I saw Mason do nearly the same thing when he posted between the button and the blinds in a 15/30 at Bellagio a few months back.

Flop - Fine

Turn - When the BB bets into you on the turn after you raised the flop, did you think about what the BB had? Do you think that he thought about what you had? He may have an overpair, but it's possible that he flopped a set of T's. I would still think that I've got a good chance of being ahead, and I would pop the turn too.

River - Since the CO has been cold-calling all the way, it's very likely that he's on a club draw so I would also check the river as well.

This is one of those boards that has all kinds of possibilities. So, I wouldn't be surprised if your two opponents both showed down sets and were afraid that you flopped a str8.

lil'
11-20-2003, 05:47 PM
I figured he was on a one card straight draw. I would bet the river.

el_grande
11-20-2003, 06:15 PM
I wish I knew who the CO player was. I want to be his friend.

tpir90036
11-21-2003, 05:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
BB showed A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif for the overplayed TPTK

[/ QUOTE ]

how did he overplay it? he bet into you when he thought he was ahead, didn't 3-bet you, and slowed down on the river. he might have thought you were raising on the flush draw and bet the turn when a blank fell....maybe i am giving him too much credit for these limits. oh well, it's very late/early and i am very tired/wasted.

cheers!
-tpir