PDA

View Full Version : SB vs. button

DanZ
11-20-2003, 03:05 PM
Playing in a 30-60 game. A loose aggressive player raises 1st in on the button (the game is 6 handed, perhaps 5) and I reraise in the SB with the much-underrated KQo. I have an exceptionally tight inmage.

The flop is 3 low cards, rainbow. I bet and he calls. The turn is interesting - an ace. I bet again, and he calls again. So much for that tight image.

The river is a K. I check.

Comments appreciated.

Dan Z.

andyfox
11-20-2003, 04:03 PM
Seems perfect to me.

glen
11-20-2003, 09:18 PM
I agree with Andy. If your image is that tight, he may have an ace but fear a better kicker and look to just call you down. A river check-raise is an option too if you think he called the turn with an ace, bad kicker. If you get that much respect and think he would be capable of laying it down, it may be worth a try. . .

PokerPrince
11-20-2003, 09:57 PM
Looks pretty good.

PokerPrince

DanZ
11-21-2003, 07:08 PM
Thanks for the comments. I was antyicpipating someone arguing for a river bet also. At least, I argued for one with myself after the hand. I clearlyt have to call if I check, and the question is, will he bet more than he calls?

I think the answer is close, and I think, the more carefully I read the situiation, the less likely it is that he has exactly one pair of aces. He woudl fold a bad ace on the flop much of the time, and raise the turn with a very good ace (and perhaps 4 bet preflop). I think this also indicates a value bet, though I don't know if this bet gets called with 2 overcards to his pair on board (it should be clear that he cannot have exactly kings, or he must fold on the turn).

One more question: If my hand were A5s (and I chose to 3 bet it), would the opinions on the river bet change?

Thanks again.

Dan Z.