PDA

View Full Version : AK hand.

jedi
11-20-2003, 02:47 PM
I'm still learning the game, so here's an AK hand that happened to me this morning.

I open raise UTG with AKo. There are 4 callers.

Flop comes A95, 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifs. I lead out with the betting and all but one fold. Turn comes another /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, the 10 I think. I'm a little worried about the flush, but I lead out betting anyways (mistake?). The remaining player calls. Last card is the King, so I've made top 2 pair, but the flush is possible. I lead out betting, get raised and make a call, though it makes me sick to my stomach. The caller shows 62 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif for the turned flush.

Should I have played this differently? I couldn't believe that he'd call 2 bets cold with this hand. Once the flush draw came, I guess he isn't about to let the hand go. Should I have laid this down at any point?

PokerNoob
11-20-2003, 02:56 PM
Thats exactly how I would have played it. I've seen that river raise on a worse two pair.

TheRake
11-20-2003, 03:15 PM
I play it the same way. $hit Just happens sometimes. I agree with PN here, I have seen this river raise many times with an inferior 2 pair. Call it and keep your fingers crossed.

TheRake

el_grande
11-20-2003, 06:21 PM
That's the way I would play it. Just so you know for sure, betting that turn is exactly what you want to do. If you check and he bets, you know nothing about his hand. You still don't know if he has a flush. If you bet out and he raises, then you can think about check-calling the river.

crockpot
11-20-2003, 10:17 PM
no way you should lay this down. if you were raised on the turn and your opponent plays typically and rarely bluffs, you could consider folding then, but the river raise is certainly suspicious enough that you will show a profit by calling it.