PDA

View Full Version : Anyone at Foxwoods this Weekend?

Barry
11-20-2003, 11:30 AM
Due to my travel schedule over the last few months, I haven't been able to get down to Foxwoods for quite a while. This weekend Angel Fish and I will be there for the entire weekend.

If anyone is going to be there, send me a message so we can get together. While I'm always glad to see the semi-regular group it would really be great to finally meet some of the other folks that frequent FW's such as 'lil, Fossil Man, dayrn (among others).

daryn
11-20-2003, 12:01 PM
i could seriously see myself there on either saturday or sunday.. probably saturday

Joe Tall
11-20-2003, 12:03 PM
I might be down Barry, I'll give you a call if I am. But I'm 60% chance on a date w/this Brazillian girl I met.

Chow chow,
JT

Barry
11-20-2003, 12:09 PM
Let's see....

Play poker or date a hot Brazilian girl...

What to do, what to do....

DUH! Go out on the date! Of course you could get lucky like I did and find out that she likes poker too!!

Ciao

Joe Tall
11-20-2003, 12:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Play poker or date a hot Brazilian girl...

[/ QUOTE ]

Poker is obviously the back up plan. I met her a few weeks ago at this Brazillian resturant and I have her convinced that she doesn't know what American fun is until she has been out with me in Boston.

I think she's going to finally agree to the date tonight, but as of Tuesday she was leaning on 'yes'.

[ QUOTE ]
Of course you could get lucky like I did and find out that she likes poker too!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if I could explain it too her. Her conversational English is really good and she is taking classes. Se virar (equiv: it's difficult (I think)).

In fact, I'm not sure if she's even here legally, I think she has a green card as she has been here for 4 years. But I've done this before so I know what to look out for.

Ate' logo,
Joe Tall

Greg (FossilMan)
11-20-2003, 01:53 PM
Please say hi if you see me and my fossils. Look in the PLH game or the mixed game. I hope to play at some point this weekend, but my daughter just turned 7 and is having a sleepover party on Saturday, so I don't know when I'm going to be able to get away.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

CrackerZack
11-20-2003, 02:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In fact, I'm not sure if she's even here legally, ... But I've done this before so I know what to look out for.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if this means you're smuggling immigrants or like Andie MacDowell in Green Card.

Kurn, son of Mogh
11-20-2003, 02:57 PM
I'm not sure if this means you're smuggling immigrants

Hmmmmm. He does work for a railroad.

daryn
11-20-2003, 03:18 PM
are you the guy who usually has this huge thing to protect his cards? like a huge oval shaped whatever? it may be a fossil, i'm not sure.. do you enjoy chicken fingers at the table?

Joe Tall
11-20-2003, 03:36 PM
What it means is I've gotta watch if she ties to hand me a condom with a pin hole in it. It's a classic way to trap an American; that and the hot-latin blood.

Good stuff,
JT

Greg (FossilMan)
11-20-2003, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
are you the guy who usually has this huge thing to protect his cards? like a huge oval shaped whatever? it may be a fossil, i'm not sure..

[/ QUOTE ]
yes.

[ QUOTE ]
do you enjoy chicken fingers at the table?

[/ QUOTE ]
almost never.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

Joe Tall
11-20-2003, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He does work for a railroad.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I was going out with a French Canadian, I could be suspect as we connect to Canadian National and Canadian Pacific in Maine.

I just like to salsa, that's all.

Peace,
JT

Barry
11-20-2003, 03:44 PM
I also have a large-ish oval rock like thing that protects my cards. It's a fossil called Ammonite (not sure of spelling). I can be found at the 10/20 game.

southerndog
11-20-2003, 03:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But I'm 60% chance on a date w/this Brazillian girl I met.

[/ QUOTE ]

A Pooh-Bah and a Playa all in one week. How can you handle all the excitement?

daryn
11-20-2003, 06:10 PM
ok, so i think i know who you are.. you always seem to be sitting behind a mountain of green chips!

i might say hi next time if i muster up the courage /images/graemlins/grin.gif

daryn
11-20-2003, 06:11 PM
i will be playing at the 10-20 as well this weekend, wearing my foxwoods hat most likely.. hell maybe even my new true poker hat

budman
11-20-2003, 08:34 PM
I will try to make it Friday night. I'll be playing at the 20-40 table. I'm usually the guy with three or four empty racks under the table by his feet.

CrackerZack
11-21-2003, 10:52 AM
I was hoping to make it but my car gave me a brutal bad beat as its gonna be in the shop through the weekend and the estimate is nearly 2 grand. Looks like I gotta get my OIC together and make the cut for my car's sake.

Kurn, son of Mogh
11-21-2003, 01:52 PM
Can't be there. Too many family things this weekend. Knock 'em dead!