PDA

View Full Version : Guess the UB 1/2 hands, there's alot going on here...

stantheman
11-20-2003, 11:04 AM
10-handed, no reads. I'm in LP with K /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gif

2 callers, MP1 raises, 2 folders, I 3-bet, CO folds, Button folds, SB and BB fold, UTG and EP call 2 cold, MP1 calls. 4 to the flop for 12 SB.

Flop comes 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/spade.gif

UTG checks, EP1 bets, MP raises, I 3-bet, UTG folds, EP1 calls 2 more cold, MP caps it, I and EP1 call. 3 to the turn for 12 BB.

Turn is 10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

They check to me, I bet, they both call.

River is A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

EP1 bets, MP folds, I call.

= Should I have raised the river here? Of course I'm scared to death of the straight, but would EP1 have shown it to me on the turn with a checkraise if he had it? Or even better, why does he come to life on the river when the 3rd diamond hits? Aaargh, too much to think about... /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

= What did EP1 and MP have, and was I good?

Results to follow. TIA.

crockpot
11-20-2003, 11:33 AM
i'd raise. at these limits you can never rule out the possibility of a backdoor flush, but i think the chances you are ahead are still well over 50%, since no one raised the turn. more, if he has the straight, he may not reraise because three diamonds are on board, so the chances of getting three-bet are lessened.

stantheman
11-20-2003, 02:37 PM
Well, EP1 flipped A /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif for a rivered pair of aces. MP said later he had a flopped set of jacks. My kings are good.

Any other opinions? Even in hindsight, I think that board is a bit too scary for me to raise. Am I a wuss?