PDA

View Full Version : Pocket 10's

Saborion
11-20-2003, 10:16 AM
1/2. Loose passive. 9-handed.

I`m dealt T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif in EP2.
EP1 call, I call, EP3 call, MP1 call, MP2 fold, CO (poster) check, button call, SB complete and BB check.
8 to the flop.

[T /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif] 4 BB.
Checked to me, I bet, EP3 raise, MP1 call, SB call, BB call, I re-raise and everyone call.
5 to the turn.

A /images/graemlins/spade.gif [T /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif] 11 BB.
Checked to me, I bet, EP3 raise, MP1 3-bet, I cap and they both call.
3 to the river.

3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif [A /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif] 22 BB.
I bet, EP3 raise, MP1 3-bet, I call, EP3 cap and we both call.

Should I tend to raise with TT in early position?

TheRake
11-20-2003, 10:27 AM
I almost always raise with T's. I play them very fast until I meet some resistance. Nice pot here I am going to say EP3 holds KJ and MP1 holds Ax...Hope not AQ and your T's full held up.

TheRake

jbc
11-20-2003, 11:00 AM
In most games I will tend to raise with TT early. This can be a tough hand to play with a bad flop, as its likely that with a few callers, any overcard will have you beat (except in the case of your flop, of course).

jbc

stantheman
11-20-2003, 11:21 AM
I will always raise 10's preflop in EP, but will turn very cautious and be quick to release if any overcards flop, I am against a few opponents and I see some aggression. In your case, you hit your set so go to town with it.

Joe Tall
11-20-2003, 12:12 PM
Raise this preflop.

As for the hand, the two others could easily be over playing Ax, so I'd get caught and call in your postion also.

Peace,
JT

Nottom
11-20-2003, 01:16 PM
I wouldn't cap the turn or bet on the river.

I think you lost to at least 1 Aces-full

Saborion
11-20-2003, 01:52 PM
Capping the turn against two players that showed aggression, I think I`m inclined to agree that it wasn`t all that smart. Especially considering the action on the flop.

But this is not a hand that you`d fold though. Or?

Saborion
11-20-2003, 01:53 PM
They both had AQ and split the pot.

Nottom
11-20-2003, 02:09 PM
I'd have a real hard time folding but would hate myself as I called yet another 2 bets to me on the river.

PokerNoob
11-20-2003, 02:25 PM
Do you think you would have played this differently if either opponent had reraised preflop with their AQ? I would have slowed way down and I like to think I would have folded the turn 3 bet if I had been raised pf. Otherwise I would have done the same thing you did.

el_grande
11-20-2003, 02:46 PM
I like everything except capping the turn.

I limp with TT in EP more than half the time just to see where I'm at pre-flop. If there are 3 or more players in a raised pot I will play it for a set like it is a smaller pair.

But based on the consensus here to raise TT in EP, I might start trying that.