PDA

View Full Version : Playing the stars 615$ satellite

DocHollyday
11-20-2003, 06:21 AM
Hi folks,

I won a seat for the Stars poker cruize satellite. I've seen there are approximately 140-160 players each time. Can you provide me any advise or hints, how I should play this? Is it tough..etc?

I'm not too experienced with tourney's although I had a couple of highlights (I placed second in a 239player tourney once).

youtalkfunny
11-20-2003, 03:09 PM
I played in the first one, 175 players. Things I learned:

--Players start with T2500, instead of the usual T1500;
--30 minute rounds, instead of the usual 10 or 15.

(Add these two up, and you need to plan to spend an entire Saturday devoted to this pursuit.)

--The players are a lot tougher than the usual crowd in the $20- or $30-buy-in tourney's. On the bright side, if you can identify the tougher players, you can get them to lay down more hands.
--YOU DON'T NEED TO BRING A LOT OF CHIPS TO THE FINAL TABLE! I got knocked out close to the bubble, when I probably should've been more conservative.

Hope this helps.

Kurn, son of Mogh
11-20-2003, 05:34 PM
What percentage of entries gets a seat?

DocHollyday
11-21-2003, 04:02 AM
They give one seat for every 18 entrants.

DocHollyday
11-21-2003, 04:10 AM
Thanks a lot for the information. This is surely helpfull. I can imagine that the 30 minutes rounds make the thing last the whole Saturday. However, if I win a seat, it's a sacrifice I'm willing to take! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Good advice with the chip stack. I think if I can manage to get an impressive stack early, I'll play very conservative. However, I'll see how it works.