PDA

View Full Version : Ladies

JDErickson
11-20-2003, 12:41 AM
Party Poker 1/2 (10 handed)
Hero has Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif and is MP3

MP2 raises, Hero 3-bets, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds, MP2 caps, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls

Flop(18 SB): 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif

MP2 bets, Hero raises, CO 3-bets, Button calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls

Turn(15 BB): 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

MP2 checks, Hero checks, CO checks, Button bets, MP2 calls, Hero calls, CO calls

River(19 BB): 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

MP2 bets, Hero calls, CO folds, Button calls

Comments?

ThingDo
11-20-2003, 03:24 AM
This hand is very strange. I think its a hard one so I don't know if my advice is sound. CO looks like a complete idiot to me.. but who knows. You didn't give any reads so I'll assume he's an unkown. I would cap the flop. Bet the turn, call a raise ... if all 3 players called my turn bet I would be tempted to check on the river.

PokerNoob
11-20-2003, 01:00 PM
CO just wanted to get into the spirit of betting? What, a flush draw? Set of nines? Button refuses to give him a free card, good for him. MP2 has aces or kings? What did Button have?

I'm not sure you could have done anything differently.

JDErickson
11-20-2003, 01:03 PM
This one surprised me. I thought I was sunk

MP2 flipped J's
Button flipped 8's

My Q's held up for a large pot /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nottom
11-20-2003, 01:13 PM
I would have either capped the flop or check-raised the turn.

CO was probably on the flush draw. Who knows what the other 2 are doing.

PokerNoob
11-20-2003, 02:13 PM
Is it the correct play to cap with Jacks?

Nottom
11-20-2003, 02:22 PM
Not often

PokerNoob
11-20-2003, 02:39 PM
Would it ever be, and when?

X-Calibre
11-20-2003, 02:50 PM
i think it is odd that you slow played the turn like that, but i can understand why you would be scared. Unless you have some reason (reads) to know that the CO would be would be the type to cold call pre and post flop raising with 88. The only thing i can say is you might put mp2 on KK or AA but when he checks through on the turn and then doesn't reraise the button i would say jam it.

JDErickson
11-20-2003, 03:02 PM
I have to say this was a very confusing hand for me.

Table was tighter than I'm used to on Party so I was respecting people a little more. I honestly thought I was done for by a set from CO or A's or K's from MP2 but with the large pot I decided to call it down.

From MP2's early play I put him on A's or K's. From Co's flop play I put him on a set.

THanx
Jim

Nottom
11-20-2003, 03:08 PM
If the raiser was a maniac and there was a clueless fish calling along, especialy if you had position.

Nottom
11-20-2003, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
From Co's flop play I put him on a set.

[/ QUOTE ]
What makes you think he had a set? Was it the turn check or the river fold?

Nottom
11-20-2003, 03:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
From Co's flop play I put him on a set.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bah I guess I should read better before making smart-ass remarks. I still think you gave him credit for a hand way to quickly. He could be raising with A9 or a flush draw as easily as a set. In fact I would argue thats its less likely the average player would 3-bet with a set here.