PDA

View Full Version : AK hand

JDErickson
11-20-2003, 12:31 AM
Party Poker 1/2 (10 handed)
Hero has A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif and is CO

EP1 limps, MP3(poster) checks, Hero raises, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, EP1 calls, MP3(poster) calls

Flop(8 SB): 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB checks, EP1 checks, MP3 checks, Hero bets, BB folds, EP1 folds, MP3 calls

Turn(5 BB): 6/images/graemlins/club.gif

MP3 checks, Hero checks

River(5 BB): 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

MP3 bets, Hero folds

Comments?

Gomez22
11-20-2003, 12:47 AM
Pretty standard, I guess......

I'd play the same way

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

JDErickson
11-20-2003, 01:02 AM
Just wondered if I wimped out on the river. I don't think my opponent would have bluffed with nothing though.

Its these routine hands that I'm trying to analyse now. I believe they are a leak for me as I tend to be weak tight. Tonight on another hand I had 45o in the BB and 5 people called to me. Flop came 445. I knew what to do with that /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jim

Gomez22
11-20-2003, 01:12 AM
First off, after the other 2 fold, this guy determines to paly HU against you..... I think you REALLY need a card here, as you are behind to any 3, 4, 5(after the river), 6, 7, or 9....... and that's just under half the deck. I think after you show weakness on the turn, and don't improve on the river, you have to lay this down.... He has a pair, more than likely, but could have rivered the straight...... Unless you KNOW for sure that the guy's a habitual bluffer, you made the right call.

JTG51
11-20-2003, 01:17 AM
I'd bet the turn a lot of the time. If you never bet unimproved overcards on the turn and river, you are playing too predictably. Heads up with a flop that your opponent could have easily called with just overcards is as good a spot as any.

lil'
11-20-2003, 09:53 AM
In heads up situations I often bet the turn.

bisonbison
11-20-2003, 05:34 PM
Looks like the turn check may have invited a river bluff. If you think he's beatable, and want to make a play for the pot, you've got to bet the turn. If he's tight, you may decide just to check it through.

On the turn, if he's got a pocket pair he may still check-call, but I think the turn check takes all the threat out of your flop-bet. Since you don't have anything but top overcards, you need to maintain that sense of threat. If you're unimproved on the river you can check it through.

Aces McGee
11-20-2003, 06:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just wondered if I wimped out on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. You wimped out on the turn. Against most players, I bet again on the turn.

You could easily have had him beat here, but you gave him a chance to outplay you.

Aces McGee

Guido
11-21-2003, 06:48 AM
Most of the time I bet the turn and check behind on the river if I don't catch an Ace or King. A lot of times people call the flop no matter what but fold on a turn bet.

Joe Tall
11-21-2003, 09:35 AM
Heads up I'd bet again on the turn. MP could have a hand such as QJ, and is calling w/overcards.

Peace,
JT