PDA

View Full Version : AQo from UTG+1(EP1).....should I have folded on the turn?

Gomez22
11-20-2003, 12:30 AM
Party Poker 0.50/1 (10 handed)
Gomez22 has Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif and is EP1

UTG limps, Gomez22 raises, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls

Flop(12 SB): T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Gomez22 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks

Turn(12 BB): T/images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Gomez22 bets, MP2 folds, MP3 raises, SB folds, BB folds, UTG folds, Gomez22 calls

River(16 BB): Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Gomez22 checks, MP3 checks

First off.... Should I have bet the river here? And if so, is it a value bet or not (those value bets still have me comfused). I called the turn raise because the flop was checked through, and I thought MP3 would have bet the flop if he had a 10 or 3... figured him for an ace, and had already made up my mind I was check/calling the river no matter what.

Why did I check the flop through? Like I said earlier, none of my raises were getting respect, and I had been getting all sorts of chasers when I bet the flop with overcards (AK(s), AQ(s), KQ(s)).... also, the table was loose/passive, and figured they'd all call anyways, it was a pattern in place, believe me.

Anyways... results to come.

Qui-Gon
11-20-2003, 06:12 AM
OK, here's my thoughts.

If I were MP3 I don't think I would have bet the flop with a 3 but maybe that's just me. Anyway, I don't think he has a 3 since he called your raise preflop. If he has a T or an overpair he would have bet the flop.

If I were him I would put you on overcards, if you had a T or an overpair you would probably have bet the flop (unless you have TT).

So far I would figure him for 88, 99 or overcards.

When he doesn't bet the river that indicates overcards to me though, maybe AJ.

If this is correct, you should have bet the river.

I may be way off though...

Gomez22
11-20-2003, 10:28 AM
My Queens and Tens were good, but I can't help but wonder what MP3 had as he mucked and I can't see it in the hand history... oh, well... guess I'll never know.

Nottom
11-20-2003, 01:04 PM
Since he checked the river, his most likely hand is a pair between 3 and T. Given the way the hand played out, he could see that you just have overcards after checking the flop and thinks his pair is good and raises.

If you can make this read you are getting 9-1 on your call which is borderline for making the call. If you think there is a greater chance that he has an A rather than a slowplayed T or 3 then call, but I think you should prolly fold.