PDA

View Full Version : hand I played worse than mike l. played his hand

turnipmonster
11-19-2003, 12:58 AM
my usual 10/20 game, soft with a few tougher spots. it's folded around to the small blind (we are not chopping), and he raises me. I call with 97s, probably not the greatest call in the world but what're you gonna do? so anyways I made the call.

flop:
A 9 7

he bets, I raise, he calls.

turn comes 4, he checkraises me. I call.

river comes whatever, he bets, I call.

thoughts/comments?

--turnipmonster

mike l.
11-19-2003, 01:03 AM
his checkraise heads up two blind hands means A good kicker, it doesnt necessarily mean two pair. you reraise the turn here and fold to a 4 bet.

cero_z
11-19-2003, 01:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
his checkraise heads up two blind hands means A good kicker, it doesnt necessarily mean two pair. you reraise the turn here and fold to a 4 bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed. But an argument can be made for calling the turn, and raising the river if it ain't a K or Q. That way, you encourage him to bluff further if he's weaker than TPTK, and you discourage him from re-raising, even with Aces up.

turnipmonster
11-19-2003, 11:33 AM
good responses, you guys of course nailed his hand, AJ. I think I should have 3 bet the turn for sure, and knew it as soon as I called. next time I'll pull the trigger.

--turnipmonster

Paluka
11-19-2003, 11:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding to a 4 bet here is crazy.

Roy Hobbs
11-19-2003, 11:57 AM
You should never fold here. Ever.

RH

turnipmonster
11-19-2003, 12:28 PM
right, I discounted that part. Since I'm getting 11 to 1 on my call of a 4 bet, I am getting almost the right price to draw to my 4 outer, so for my fold to be correct I would have to be dead positive that my 4 outs were not clean, and we are not going to be splitting.

I would never fold to a 4 bet, or for that matter a river bet. in this situation, barring a rivered A, I am commited to a showdown.

--turnipmonster