PDA

View Full Version : 20/40 hand

bad beetz
11-19-2003, 12:20 AM
20/40 Garden city

Folded to me cutoff + 1. I can see cutoff and button are mucking, SB is tight. I raise with A9o. Predicably, the BB (very, very, very poor player) calls. I want him to call because he’s terrible because he won’t fold any two, so he can only call or raise in this situation and I’d rather have him call then raise.

Flop comes all diamonds, I think it was like 8d6d3d. I have the Ace of diamonds. check/bet/call. I put him precisely a shitty diamond.

Turn is a J maybe? Jc8d6d3d. check/(I still have the best hand here, so lets get more money in the pot, bet)/call.

River is an offsuit deuce. Check, check. I check because I think he'll call with most pairs but I'm fairly sure my ace-high is good for sure.

What do you guys think?

also, please see the post below, I'm soliciting for my friends' charity:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=411614&page=0&view=ex panded&sb=5&o=14&fpart=

jen
11-19-2003, 12:38 AM
Seems pretty standard to me.

Moved up to 20-40? Or is that old news...

bad beetz
11-19-2003, 12:45 AM
It's no different then 15/30 really, and I can't beat that game so I figure it's time to move up, pretty soon I'll be not beating 80/160. Awesome. However, I did learn how to say, "f*ck you, white boy," in Vietnamese, which I now say allot. I've also learned from a date with a vietnamese girl that people at the table have been cursing my elders. MY ELDERS, for christs sake. man, that's cold.

Also, I thought it was standard, but I was pissed when he turned over AcQd. NARF! I should have bet the river.

jen
11-19-2003, 01:00 AM
You think? I think the 20-40s are a bit tougher than AJs 15-30 game, but I've never played at GC. I can commiserate though. I got tired of getting stuck at AJs and so I can now get stuck playing NLHE. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

People who call you down to the river heads-up w/AQ are likely going to call a river bet - save your $$$.

Tommy Angelo
11-19-2003, 01:56 AM
"It's no different then 15/30 really, and I can't beat that game so I figure it's time to move up, pretty soon I'll be not beating 80/160."

Good one. Reminds me of when I submitted a humor article to Funny Times Magazine (located in the funny town called Cleveland Ohio). They sent me a rejection letter with a suggestion: that every time I get a rejection letter from a magazine, I submit my next work to a better magazine, so that when I finally get accepted, it'll be by a good magazine.