PDA

View Full Version : Good Fold?????

Gomez22
11-18-2003, 06:12 PM
Since I've been having some problems knowing when to fold, I thought I would post this hand and see if I made the right call here......

Party Poker 0.50/1 (10 handed)
Gomez22 has Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif and is MP1

Gomez22 raises, MP2 calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls

Flop(10 SB): 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif

BB checks, Gomez22 bets, MP2 calls, Button calls, BB folds

Turn(11 BB): Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Gomez22 bets, MP2 calls, Button calls

River(14 BB): 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Gomez22 bets, MP2 folds, Button raises, Gomez22 folds

I had thought the button relatively tight/passive.... all experience with this player before had given me this impression..... didn't play many hands, and didn't take control of many hands, but liked to check-raise, slowplay, and was a pretty tricky opponent altogether.... I honestly believe I made the right call here, but is this too timid most of the time?

scotnt73
11-18-2003, 06:15 PM
i would never fold this. Why not check call instead if you dont feel good about it.

Gomez22
11-18-2003, 06:19 PM
To tell the truth, I just felt I was beat here... against another player, I might call a raise, but this player had shown to be sneaky... If it was a bluff, it was a good one, and the raise came IMMEDIATELY after I bet...... made me think it was auto-raise......

TheRake
11-18-2003, 06:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
...the raise came IMMEDIATELY after I bet...... made me think it was auto-raise......

[/ QUOTE ]

This always makes me think bluff.

TheRake

Gomez22
11-18-2003, 06:36 PM
Really????????? The weird thing was that I didn't feel timid about folding, which I usually do..... I don't feel bad about it at all.... I know it was only 1 more bet, and maybe I shouldn't have folded, but I jsut wanted some opinions....... I shoulda check/called.... my fault there for being too aggressive, I guess....

TheRake
11-18-2003, 07:19 PM
you don't find to many people that will bluff raise the river at LL. Guess you have to have a good read on the player here. I once had a guy that would bluff raise a flush draw everytime on the river. I made sure I put it in my notes and I knew next time I saw him at my table. First time he tried it I bluff re-raised and he folded /images/graemlins/grin.gif

That was SWEEEEEET

TheRake

Nottom
11-18-2003, 07:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but this player had shown to be sneaky

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems like a better reason to call rather than fold.