PDA

View Full Version : KQs what do you think?

Guido
11-18-2003, 06:03 PM
Full 1/2 table at Stars. I can't remember the table structure exactly.

I'm in CO with K /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif. UTG + 2 and MP limps, I raise, blinds and the limpers call.

Flop: 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif

UTG + 2 bets out, MP folds, I call (planning to raise the turn), SB calls, BB raises, UTG + 2 folds, I 3-bet, blinds call.

Turn: 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I bet out, blinds call.

River: 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB bets out, BB calls, I call.

My questions:

1 Would you call the flop and raise the turn? Normally I would raise here.

2 Would you raise the river?

3 What do you think about the rest of my play?

4 What did the blinds have?

scotnt73
11-18-2003, 06:12 PM
the sb sure liked that 6 for some reason. if he had a 3 why didnt he reraise the turn? I guess he played his 66 all the way down. The BB ill guess K with a weak kicker since it was good enough to hang around all the way

TheRake
11-18-2003, 06:17 PM
1) I would raise the flop here and cap a re-raise with my flush draw

2) I call the river

3) same as 1

4)purely a guess.....SB has 66 and BB has Kx (maybe K8)

Guido
11-18-2003, 07:06 PM
You got the BB right, K4o. The SB is impossible to guess I think.

rkiray
11-18-2003, 07:51 PM
On the flop calling then raising turn or raising flop and betting out on turn are both good. I'd do each about 1/2 the time to keep my play from being too predicable. I think capping after the 3-bet is good.

No way I raise the river.

Play is fine.

sb-66, BB- Kx

bisonbison
11-18-2003, 08:07 PM
I don't necessarily think the SB had 66. He might have 8-6 or 8-3 or 6-3, or he might have been praying for either flush draw and bluffing at the pot. Of course, given the limits, he could have AA.

I put him on a bluff and call it. I'd never raise the river.

I don't think he actually beats KK over 33

Nottom
11-18-2003, 08:08 PM
I'll say SB had 33 for quads.

Guido
11-18-2003, 09:15 PM
You are right. He had T /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

me454555
11-18-2003, 11:04 PM
Why call the flop, and then 3-bet? I think you should either raise the flop right off the bat or just smooth call the raise from BB hoping he will bet the bet the turn and you can raise.

Aaron Lovi
11-18-2003, 11:19 PM
I think you played this reasonably well. You may squeeze some more EV from this hand by raising on the river and folding if the SB 3-bets. There's no hand he can reasonably hold that's worth a sudden bet on the river. If he has A3 then he should have raised the turn to make the flush draws pay the double bet there to draw. He could have simply made a mistake on the turn, holding the A3, so you will have to fold on the river to a 3-bet. In the principle, he could also hold K6s but he should have check-raised or check-folded the flop with that holding. Also, with K6, he's unlikely to 3-bet you on the river.

I suspect that SB was confused by your call+3-bet on the flop manoeuvre and has put you on a missed flush draw/weak hand. That suggests to me that he has a weak King and that BB also has a weak King (something like KT).

Aaron Lovi
11-18-2003, 11:23 PM
The combined hand/draw is so strong that Guido will do better by keeping the blinds in than knocking them out. It's better for him to collect one bet from three opponents who may each follow up by paying off all the way through the river than collecting two bets from one opponent who may or may not pay off through the river to the show of strength.

If Guido thinks there is a good chance the blinds will pay a double bet on the flop regardless then he should raise rather than call/reraise.

ElSapo
11-19-2003, 01:15 AM
I like your play. That said, I generally raise the flop.

I can think of a couple of, albeit crazy, ways you lost. And a few more ways you won. Hope it was good.