PDA

View Full Version : Starting my own little OIC on 2 sites

Gomez22
11-18-2003, 05:24 PM
Since the OIC on TGC (which I haven't played in lately, due to a lack of tables, and not too comfortable with 5/10), I thought after reading some posts here and GuyOnTilt's succes with his own, I would try for a couple of my own.

Going to start at .50/1.00 on Empire & .25/.50 on Stars......

I may post from time to time to let everyone know how it goes, and see the reaction.......

Plan on playing until winning 50 BB for the next level, then moving up until I hit 3/6(If I hit 3/6) and then playing for 100 big bets........ I don't plan on stopping on this one... although I do plan on moving back down in limits if I lose enough to put me back to 50 BB for the previous level (maybe 100 bb after 3/6..... make that decision if I have to. Plus, I plan on posting hands and stats on the appropriate forum(s).

If anyone has an interest in reading about this, let me know, or if anyone else wants to do so, I'd enjoy hearing about the progress you make.

Have fun, and play well,

'Mez

PokerNoob
11-18-2003, 05:33 PM
I think thats a good idea. I've been putting my playing hours in mostly at TGC, and the lack of any easy or useful way to get hand histories kind of precludes posting and discussing hands here. I enjoy the game better over there than at Party .5/1 though. Its tighter and more aggressive.

A zoo poster came up with a similar plan: JasonHold'ems Poker Odyssey (http://www.pokerodyssey.com/challenge.html)

Gomez22
11-18-2003, 05:37 PM
I read about jHE's poker odyssey... to tell the truth, that, the OIC (and the relative success I had in it), and GuyOnTilt's recent adventure makes me want to try this out for a long-term type of thing (hopefully).....

Thanks for the reply Noob........ see you on the tables!

Festus22
11-18-2003, 05:42 PM
Sounds like fun. I'm getting the #$%&'s of $0.5/1 anyway. Explain again what's the threshold for moving up and falling back if not successful.

Gomez22
11-18-2003, 05:51 PM
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=390626&page=&view=&sb =5&o=

This is a link to the thread that started it all. It gives the basic outline of how the OIC worked.

TheRake
11-18-2003, 05:59 PM
I actually tried this on intertops poker last friday. I ran my $50 to $200 in just about 6 hours of play. Started at .5/1 and moved to 1/2 when I hit $100 then to 2/4 when i hit 200. I kind of gave up when I lost $75 playing 2/4 and dropped back down to 1/2. I have run it back up to $225 now, but I am not sure about moving to 2/4 again. Maybe I will give it one more try. I really got bad cards the first try. I wanted to play aggressive @ 2/4, but the combination of bad cards and a limited bank roll kind of made it difficult.

TheRake

Gomez22
11-18-2003, 06:04 PM
At least you had some success... good job... keep up the posts, I'd love to hear how you do with it......