PDA

View Full Version : Help Fight Leukemia & Lymphoma

bad beetz
11-18-2003, 04:08 PM
A good friend of mine is running in the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s “Team in Training,” marathon. It’s one of those weird charity business models where you try and accomplish something yourself and get people to donate to your cause. I never understood it but I know it’s good.

Anyway, I know that Leukemia and Lymphoma are terrible after reading their site, and that throwing money at the problem increases the possibility of finding solutions. I’m asking you to throw some money at it.

As a favor (because her “fundraising parties” have been highly ineffective) I’m heavily marketing her cause (she needs to raise $2100 as a milestone, she’s raised very much less than that) to some local businesses. I figured I’d hit up twoplustwo.com while I’m here cause I know there’s good people here, especially after hearing JV’s and Andy Foxs’ softhearted threads.

So please, goto the site:

www.teamintraining.org/personalpages/ (http://www.teamintraining.org/personalpages/)

at the bottom, search for:

Danielle Elliott

In

San Francisco

Then donate some money to fight Leukemia and Lymphoma. Peruse the site, it will make you want to help.

Anybody who donates $50 or more gets free drinks from me for the next month when sitting at the same poker table as me. (and no, Ulysses, I won’t buy you Johnny Walker Blue.) (offer effective Nov 19th to Dec 19th, 2003. Not redeemable for cash value, see store for details.)

Please donate to benefit a good cause. I apologize for soliciting here.

Cheers,
Dave

Ray Zee
11-18-2003, 09:48 PM
sounds like a good cause to fight for. but anytime someone wants charity money i always ask if any people involved are getting paid and how much. it is too common for the charities leaders to be getting hundreds of thousands and living the life of reilly, while pennies goes to the cause. let them print out all salaries and perks. if they dont then its suspect.

bad beetz
11-19-2003, 12:08 AM
I agree

however, they make it pretty clear.

75% help, 25% organization.