PDA

View Full Version : QQ in SB

Saborion
11-18-2003, 02:28 PM
0.5/1. Pretty tight table. 10-handed. No read on anyone.
I`m dealt Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif in the SB.

MP3 limps, I raise and he calls.
2 to the flop.

[7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif] 2.5 BB.
I bet, MP3 calls.
2 to the turn.

T /images/graemlins/heart.gif [7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif] 3.5 BB.
I bet, MP3 calls.
2 to the river.

8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif [T /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif] 5.5 BB.
I bet, MP3 raise, I call.

JDErickson
11-18-2003, 02:32 PM
Looks fine to me

scotnt73
11-18-2003, 02:37 PM
looks good well played-you prob lost but its not because you did anything wrong. You gotta call the river here.

Joe Tall
11-18-2003, 03:06 PM
Sorry you lost his hand, Sab.

I'd bet this river also but I can't see you winning this hand, eventhough I'd call too online. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Peace,
JT

WarmonkEd
11-18-2003, 03:16 PM
would it have been better to check-call the river instead?

scotnt73
11-18-2003, 03:20 PM
he could have just as easily been going for the flush. No sense in seeing monsters. We haveve bet every round and the guy has done nothing but call.

Joe Tall
11-18-2003, 03:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
would it have been better to check-call the river instead?

[/ QUOTE ]

In hindsight, obviously, yes. I thought about this hand a bit and I think betting the river is still the best play.

You'll find that top pair on the flop will call you down more often than a runner-runner flush/str8 will raise.

Good question.

Welcome to the forum,
Joe Tall

Adde
11-18-2003, 05:13 PM
I think checking the river is a far better play here.

By checking you either:

- Lose one bet if he checks and you win.
- Save one bet if he planned to raise a bet from you.
- Win one bet if your check induce a bluff bet.

By betting you either:

- Lose one bet if he raises.
- Win one bet if he calls and your hand is best.

It might be a close call between checking and betting, but with more ways to profit (2 vs 1) and, more important, since the reward for your opponent to run a successful bluff is so big (the whole pot!), I think it is likely that you will succeed in inducing a bluff, especially with the board you described. Thus, checking is the best play in my book.

Adde

Saborion
11-18-2003, 06:57 PM
MP3 flips over K /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif and I take it down.

The question still remains, should I have check-called the river...

Saborion
11-18-2003, 06:58 PM
I didn`t lose it.