PDA

View Full Version : logging question: playing multiple tables at once

astroglide
11-18-2003, 01:52 PM
my friend and i both play multiple games online simultaneously. when i log, i take my +/- and enter it into statking under the format '$BETTING_LIMIT, $NUMBER_OF_TABLES tables'. he enters his as '$BETTING_LIMIT', but enters it $NUMBER_OF_TABLES times.

effectively if he plays for an hour, playing 2 tables, he logs 2 hours of play (1 for each table). his standard deviation, then, is table-specific.

when i play for an hour, regardless of how many tables i play, i log it as one hour.

anybody have any thoughts about this?

Festus22
11-18-2003, 01:58 PM
I'm not a high stakes player but my opinion is you both should calculate on a per hand basis. The choice of an hour is arbitrary as you've discovered.

astroglide
11-18-2003, 02:13 PM
per HAND basis?

Festus22
11-18-2003, 02:32 PM
Your buddy playing 8 tables (I shudder at the thought) probably is somewhere in the 400 - 500 hands/hr range and you are maybe 300 - 360. You already have introduced a variable because your "hour" can have a large difference in the number of hands that constitute each one. If for some reason you're playing fewer tables, the difference is that much greater. I would think taking a snapshot after x hands (x being fairly small) would give you a much better read on your true win rate because it is not time dependent and not subject to hands/time variation.

Acesover8s
11-18-2003, 02:35 PM
I use StatKing as well and play multiple tables. If I'm say playing 3 tables for 2 hours with a net gain/loss of 300,200,-100. I will make 3 seperate entries with the individual losses. Therefore, my Statking hourly rate reflects my winrate per tablehour.