PDA

View Full Version : SH PL

eckoo
11-18-2003, 10:07 AM
I'm fairly new to pl and nl, I mostly play LL and 10 dollar SNG's NLHE.

Every week, I play in a one $1 blind PLHE, usually 5-6 guys. What adjustments would I need for my starting hand requirements?

Zag
11-18-2003, 11:30 AM
Let me be the first to officially flame you. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Seriously, there is no where near enough information to respond intelligently. How aggressive or passive is the game? What are the typical stack sizes? How much do you buy in for? How skilled are your opponents?

All other things being equal, having only a single blind means that, against skilled opponents, you should tighten up considerably. All poker is fundamentally just a fight for the blinds and antes. The less there is of this forced-in money compared to the cost of fighting for it, the tighter you want to be. Against skilled opponents you want to be even tighter, because they are also making this adjustment. (Then, of course, you wait till they over-adjust and you start to bully them. But remember that there isn't much out there to win that way -- just one instance of someone laying a trap and you could lose hundreds of stolen blinds.)

On the other hand, I doubt you have terribly skilled opponents playing in a game this small, so it probably doesn't matter much.

eckoo
11-18-2003, 03:33 PM
The buy-in is $30. The oppenents are on the aggressive side with esp w/PP. But they show down drastically, when their ak, aq's miss on the flop. I have a good overall read on my oppenents, they usually respect my raises as well.