PDA

View Full Version : 20-40 Foxwoods Hand: Playing Cowboys like a little girl or just right?

Jeffage
11-17-2003, 10:48 PM
Playing 20-40 Hold Em at Foxwoods. Game is somewhat loose. I have KK in the BB. UTG calls, three others call, SB drops, I raise and all call. 5 players, $210 pot. Flop comes 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif5 /images/graemlins/club.gif. I bet, UTG who sometimes makes loose preflop calls but generally plays solid after that raises. Others fold and I call. Turn pairs 5's on board. I check, he bets, I call. Anyone checkraise or lead out...I just feel like he could have trips but he could also have something like 99 potentially. He could have a 4 with something like 44. The river is an offsuit 4 for a final board of 2-3-5-5-4. Any ace has the wheel now and I'm sure he knows this. I check, he bets. Fold or call? Who would lead the river? If he bets again, he likely has the wheel minimum and a possible boat. What hand can I beat that he will bet (unless he will value bet a pair here but he is somewhat cautious and would probably check through). OTOH, if I bet he will call with something like trips that he may check behind. Hmmm, would this player bet with a hand I can beat?

Sorry if this is incoherent...I'm sick and kinda drugged up on Nyquil right now /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Thanks for comments,
Jeff

astroglide
11-18-2003, 12:37 AM
i would say his most likely holding is a medium pocket pair. the guy only raised you once, and did so on a non-terrible flop for any ace (a big deal when dealing with a blind raiser). you seem to be giving him a lot of credit for a single raise, but i wasn't sitting at the table.

i would have raised preflop, 3bet the flop, led the turn, and check/called (in an inducing way) the 4straight river. pretty standard stuff for being out of position.

PokerPrince
11-18-2003, 12:51 AM
Astro, where the hell have you been?

PokerPrince

PokerBabe(aka)
11-18-2003, 01:29 AM
Jeffage....well, it's really hard to imagine UTG coming in with any of the cards that are there on the turn. I think you should have 3 bet the flop and led out on the turn and then if this guy is STILL hanging around when the ghastly river card appears....uh....put on your skirt and check/call. You shut down wayyyyyy to early on this hand, I think.

LGPG,

Babe /images/graemlins/heart.gif

astroglide
11-18-2003, 12:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Astro, where the hell have you been?

[/ QUOTE ]
occasionally lurking. my login cookie expired and i was seeing threads in tree view again, so i'm sure that contributed to me being less interested.

thanks for noticing /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Robk
11-18-2003, 01:44 PM
Please post often, mid-high forum needs you!

Jeffage
11-18-2003, 06:11 PM
Thanks for the responses. Well, I think this was one of those...you had to be there type hands. I don't really think it would have been interesting enough to post if I had reraised the flop and then been raised on the turn (which I would do like 90% of the time). But against this opponent, I felt I was beat for whatever reason. On the river, I checked. He bet and I folded (again I wouldn't do this like 90% of the time). He showed me A4s for the flopped wheel as a courtesy. Just thought it was interesting.

Jeff

mikelow
11-18-2003, 06:22 PM
Played fine. Just remember, (and you're not the only one) to make sure you get enough rest so you don't get sick after you play. This is epecially true when the weather turns colder. Rest up and go get 'em!