PDA

View Full Version : 67s NLHE tourney hand

Acesover8s
11-17-2003, 06:51 PM
Stars $22 NLHE tourney hand. 480ish starters, down to 350. Blinds are 25-50. THis has been the tightest tourney table I've ever played at, and I haven't made very few 'moves' yet.

Folded to me (1400) on the button with 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. I make it 150 to go. SB ducks out, BB(2000) calls.

Flop comes 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif. He checks to me. I bet 300 into the 325 pot. He raises me all but 100 of my chips, I put the rest in.

How'd I do?

CrisBrown
11-17-2003, 10:15 PM
Hi Aces,

You should've gone all-in at the flop. The only people who would call you would be holding big pairs, and right now at PokerStars, 67s is a 1000:1 favorite over any big pair. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Cris

M.B.E.
11-18-2003, 09:29 PM
I like the preflop raise and flop bet, but I think you have to fold when reraised (essentially) all-in. The problem is that the BB could have a bigger flush draw involving the Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif which would put you at a huge disadvantage.

It's pretty unlikely you're a favourite, and there's a good chance your opponent is a 2-to-1 favourite or better. I think even if it were a money game, you don't have pot odds to call; in a tournament the case for folding is even stronger.

What was the result?

sdplayerb
11-19-2003, 02:37 AM
I limp or fold preflop. No way I put in over 10% of my chips in, especially with no blinds.

You got your draw, may as well play it. But I would take the free card.
When he reraised you all in, I'd call. Hopefully you have all 12 outs.

But I wouldn't put myself in such a situation as to have to make such a tough decision (not that I have never done that myself).

Goodie
11-19-2003, 12:19 PM
The only problem I have is that you should have bet enough on the flop to commit yourself to the hand. You don't really want him to call or raise you, so don't give him the illusion that you can be taken off the hand. You don't want action, even from ace high, this early in the tourney.

Other than that, I have no problem with you gambling with your big draw. This is how big stacks are built and how tourney's are won.

Peace.

Goodie

Schmed
11-19-2003, 12:35 PM
but my guess is you've had some pretty big pairs cracked lately at Stars...... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Schmed
11-19-2003, 12:40 PM
I agree 100% with this.

My first thought while reading that was I fold that everytime for the exact reasons you stated. I mean worst case scenario has every single one of your outs dead except the gutshot.

It was early at a tight table......just let it go and wait for a better spot....

Now if I was open ended with the str8 or if I had a pair workin, those types of things would make me reconsider, but as it lays out in this hand I am like the pecan......gone....

M.B.E.
11-19-2003, 12:44 PM
Did you win the hand? The suspense is killing me!