PDA

View Full Version : Tournament Help

bsk1999
11-17-2003, 11:28 AM
Need some help on how to lay down those hands I know I'm beaten, but just can't. Not a bad beat story, just a leak I nedd help fixing.

Last night, Party $30 + $3 NL Multi Table tournament.
Level II and I have maybe played 4 hands. I have exactly T1000 and the guy I go against has @T2000.

UTG I get AA and try and get a little tricky only raising to 100 as I want callers this early in the tourney. Get one caller and I immediately refer to my notes and see he is a solid player, I put him on a big pair also, or maybe AK.

My plan, bet pot no matter what, if a J,Q, or K comes I will lay down to a re-raise. Wouldn't you know flop comes K Q 3 r. I bet pot, he re-raises me, so of course I go all in and he shows KK.

I don't get it, what was I thinking? I had my read, knew my game plan, and can't follow through. I think this is one of my biggest leaks when it comes to poker. Put me in a $30 NL SnG and I can fold that, but in a multi table, I feel I have to force the issue.

What do you guys have to tell yourself to let AA go when you have a good read and know you are beaten, and frankly, it isn't worth going on with the hand?

Copernicus
11-17-2003, 02:15 PM
Just mail in your buy-in and let the table high card for it, at least you wont beat yourself over the head for having the right game plan, the right read, and still jumping off the cliff.

Seriously, this post might belong in the psychology forum, not the tourney forum. You are showing such distrust of you own abilities that I dont see how you can hope to win.