PDA

View Full Version : music awards

Ray Zee
11-17-2003, 08:46 AM
i watched the awards last night. well it was okay. missed alias and the practice for it. too bad. but when the hip hop and rap groups performed i didnt understand one word they said. what kind of music is that. i did try hard to listen but just couldnt get it. so maybe its me. also everyone had to have lots of dancing girls and fireworks displays. i guess that hides the music from scrutiny.
then came asleep at the wheel. no fanfare just great. it isnt bad to be an old timer that looks from the past.

Ed I
11-17-2003, 11:25 AM
I didn't watch but I can't understand a word of rap either . I still prefere to watch ameba like blobs of color move across the walls no dancing girls needed.

ArchAngel71857
11-17-2003, 12:48 PM
Ray,

As any fan of rap knows, its not about what they say, tis about BLING BLING!

-AA

IrishHand
11-17-2003, 01:01 PM
The worst part is watching a lot of the performers lip-synch their own songs because they're incapable of dancing and singing at the same time. I don't know if we've ever seen Britney sing live - I imagine she'd have to at her concerts, but all her TV promos (award shows, halftime shows, etc) are complete jokes. Although...it's probably a good thing since the girl isn't much of a singer.

Evanescence was very disappointing to me - I enjoy their music, but the lead singer was awful yesterday. Warbly voice and everything. I hope she was just sauced up or something.

As for rap...if you ignore the fact 99% of it has no musical value, it's fine. Rap is sort of the pick-up basketball game down the road in the NBA music industry. Anyone can do it - hence the appeal, but they're still not even in the minor leagues...

David Steele
11-17-2003, 04:22 PM
don't know if we've ever seen Britney sing live - I imagine she'd have to at her concerts

I have actually seen her live (with my daughter). She had a great band and a huge show. Her singing was kind of burried with lots of good backup singers.

They even had an OK kind of R&B act open that was clearly aimed at the parents.

D.

John Feeney
11-20-2003, 01:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
then came asleep at the wheel. no fanfare just great. it isnt bad to be an old timer that looks from the past.

[/ QUOTE ]

You got all that right, Ray.