PDA

View Full Version : Question About Raising & Stats

Sven
11-17-2003, 07:17 AM
I was just looking in my pokertracker and noticed this I no this is a small sample size but I'm trying to keep in touch with my play so it don't get out of hand. Sample Size 4000 hands.

Vol Put $ In Pot : 14.33%
Vol Put $ In From SB : 24.68%
Saw Flop All Hands : 23.98%
Saw Flop Not A Blind : 14.40%

First Action on Flop After A Pre-Flop Raise
Raise : 12.03%
Bet: 38.35%
Call: 18.05%
Check: 26.32%

Players Actons: Raise%
Pre-Flop : 3.61%
Flop : 3.52%
Turn : 4.74%
River : 6.53%

Do these stats look about right? Or should I be Raising more early in the hand and then calling more later in the hand? Comments Welcome /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Webster
11-17-2003, 08:09 AM
geez - I've been playing winning poker with worse stats then that LOL

Depending on the game and I KNOW somebody will say something but in Low Limit games you might want to loosen up a tad pre-flop? There are so many bets out there normally that the odds are better on some drawing hands.

TheRake
11-17-2003, 10:37 AM
I posted about some of these stats last week. See my "Am I a rock" post on this forum. My numbers were

Vol. put $ in pot % = 16.70
Pre-flop raise % = 2.87

I play .5/1 and 1/2 at party mostly and beat these games consistantly, but I felt my pre flop raise % was to low and I was missing some EV. From the responses I received it looked like the raise percentage pre-flop should be around 5% to 7%.

I have made a focused effort to raise more pre flop since I posted that thread (I am up to 3.2%). I am killing the 1/2 game at the moment. I don't know if this is due to a good run of cards or my more aggressive play. Probably a combination of both, but sure is fun /images/graemlins/laugh.gif.

TheRake

doggin
11-17-2003, 11:09 AM
Can you give more stats on what winning percentages should
be pre and post flop?
Mine are less than 1 percent, and just a fraction at that,
and I never re-raise, always just calling and going along for the ride. I know it's a major leak right now.
But on the subject of re-raising or cold calling, most
experts agree that if a player NEVER called two bets cold,
he would not be making a mistake. So, if you are in EP or
MP with AA, KK, or AKs, would you cold call two bets?
Thanks

Rico Suave
11-17-2003, 11:26 AM
Quote: So, if you are in EP or MP with AA, KK, or AKs, would you cold call two bets?

I would 3-bet with a smile /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

--Rico

TheRake
11-17-2003, 11:36 AM
I don't know my exact winning % as i am at work at the moment. I think it is about 25% when seeing the flop and around 45-46% when see showdown. Again I don't know exact numbers at the moment, but I will post later when I can.

With hands like AA KK, QQ, & AKs you should be putting as many bets in as you can, In any position. Raise, Re-raise, and cap the betting pre-flop. As far as cold calling goes I generally try not to do it very often, but sometimes i am guilty /images/graemlins/smirk.gif.

AliasMrJones
11-17-2003, 11:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
AA, KK, or AKs, would you cold call two bets?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you aren't re-raising with these hands every time, particularly AA, you need to do some reading. I don't know any experts that wouldn't recommend RE-raising with AA or KK let alone calling 2 cold with them. Heck, with AA I'd happily call 4 cold or keep re-raising until I was out of chips.

Buy Lee Jones' Winning Low Limit Hold 'Em. Take a break from playing and read it through cover to cover. Then re-read through playing pre-flop in early position. Then start playing again. Read the next section. Play some more. When you're through the whole book this way, rinse and repeat.

Sarge85
11-17-2003, 11:56 AM
It looks like your raising only when your sure you have the very best hand...ala your river raise percentage is twice as high as your PF raise percentange.

I think you can safely raise PF with more hands if your playing as tight as it appears PF.

my .02

MaxPower
11-17-2003, 12:33 PM
Sven,

Assuming this is from typical micro-limit games. The stats imply that you are playing a little too tight and could be more aggressive pre-flop. Your sample size is small, so it is possible that you have not received your fair share of playable/raisable hands.

More likely, you are just not raising with enough hands and folding a few hands that you can limp with.

I would like to see your pre-flop raise percentage be at least 6%. Why don't you run a filter on hands you raised pre-flop and post what hands you are raising with? That would be interesting.

Alobar
11-17-2003, 02:03 PM
Make it 3 bets to go EVERY time, when I'm holding AA or KK in MP I'm begging for a raise in front of me. At the microlimits it sometimes takes 3 bets to flush out the crap behind you instead of 2. I watch people cold call 2 all the time with crap like J8o or 29s. You've gotta make it 3 to go to get them out.

Alobar
11-17-2003, 02:06 PM
I would actually love to know what people are getting win rate % wise, as I have no idea what is good or not. Im winning 34% of the flops I see and 59% of my showdowns. Whats everyone else getting? What are some good number?

Nottom
11-17-2003, 02:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So, if you are in EP or
MP with AA, KK, or AKs, would you cold call two bets?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, I would nearly always 3-bet.

TheRake
11-17-2003, 03:27 PM
Alobar,
Guess I will go ahead and post this, but I really don't know what is good either. Keep in mind, that I only have around 8200 hands in poker tracker, so this may not be a very good barometer at all.

Won $ when saw flop = 25.68%
Won $ at Showdown = 57.58%

TheRake

Sven
11-17-2003, 07:08 PM
Hey Max this might sound stupid can you tell me how to do that? Do I click on the filter button and then were do I look for that percentage? You tell me and I will post it /images/graemlins/smile.gif Thanks for your guys help /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sven
11-17-2003, 07:22 PM
It was suggested that I Play tight at these low limit games because they all pretty much show down matchs. IE The best hand will win! I no I play tight prolly to tight and my game I think suffers and I'm looking for options maybe I don't raise enough PF which I've seen it posted were the percentage should be around 6% or so. It just seems when I Get AA and I bet it! It for the most part is call,call,call,call ect ect very few times will someone reraise me /images/graemlins/frown.gif So how does one 3 bet AA if all they do is call?

Sven
11-17-2003, 07:25 PM
Hey Max

I pretty much have been playing HPFAP Groups 1-4 only

Sven
11-17-2003, 07:39 PM
I checked the Box Pre Flop Any Raise and these hands came up.

AA Loosing
AKs Winning
AKo Winning
AQs Winning
AQo Winning
AJs Loosing
AJo Loosing
ATs Loosing
ATo Loosing
A9s Loosing
KK Winning
KQs Loosing
KQo Loosing
KTs Loosing
QQ Loosing
QJs Loosing
QTs Winning
JJ Winning
J9s Winning
TT Loosing
99 Winning
88 Loosing
77 Loosing

I do I cut out the hands I'm not winning with right now? If that's the case then I have to cut out AA /images/graemlins/frown.gif

MaxPower
11-17-2003, 08:33 PM
Sven,

I just ran the same filter on my Party 3/6 games and I found 82 unique hands that I have raised with at least once. I guess I'm a maniac. I even raised with 52o once (I was a late position poster and stole the blinds). I'm winning money with almost all the hands that I have raised with more than 5 times.

Of course, this is not a micro limit game. Still the 3/6 games are pretty loose. I suspect at the micro limits you get less opportunites to steal the blinds or to isolate players.

Sven
11-17-2003, 09:00 PM
Here is Mine

AA Loosing 19 Times 7 Winners 12 Loosers
AKs Winning 4 Times
AKo Winning 31 Times
AQs Winning 3 Times
AQo Winning 4 Times
AJs Loosing 3 Times
AJo Loosing 3 Times
ATs Loosing 3 Times
ATo Loosing 5 Times
A9s Loosing 1 Times
KK Winning 16 Times
KQs Loosing 4 Times
KQo Loosing 5 Times
KTs Loosing 1 Times
QQ Loosing 5 Times
QJs Loosing 1 Times
QTs Winning 1 Times
JJ Winning 11 Times
J9s Winning 1 Times
TT Loosing 4 Times
99 Winning 5 Times
88 Loosing 4 Times
77 Loosing 1 Times

Inwar
11-18-2003, 01:53 AM
I'm relatively new to using Poker Tracker as well, so I find these postings of other people's stats helpful. Here are mine.

Sample: 5500 hands (all at Party 2/4)
Vol. Put $ in the Pot: 18.1% (36.7% from SB)
Won $ When Saw Flop: 25.1%
Won $ at Showdown: 60.7%

Aggression Stats
Pre-Flop Raise: 7.7%
Flop Raise: 5.3%
Turn Raise: 5.1%
River Raise: 2.0%

I'm not making near the win rate of some of the posters here (average .9 BB/hr), but am applying as much new knowledge as I can!

Alobar
11-18-2003, 02:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not making near the win rate of some of the posters here (average .9 BB/hr), but am applying as much new knowledge as I can!

[/ QUOTE ]

does it say in pokertracker somewhere your wins/hour? Im getting just over 8BB/100 hands...but I dont see where to show how many per hour

Inwar
11-18-2003, 04:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]

does it say in pokertracker somewhere your wins/hour? Im getting just over 8BB/100 hands...but I dont see where to show how many per hour

[/ QUOTE ]

I've kept an Excel database with this information for as long as I've been playing online, but I believe Poker Tracker lists this information after clicking on the More Detail button under the Session Notes tab.

el_grande
11-21-2003, 03:34 AM
I have 1,700 hands in pokertracker. I think my stats are good. Until the last 300 hands I was actually down 20BB bets at $.5/$1 Party. Got great cards tonight and now I'm up 30BB. My stats didn't change much with tonight's play. Actually my pre-flop call percentage went up because I was getting such great cards pre-flop.

So with these stats I was down 20BB:

Vol $ : 18.5%
Vol SB : 22.77%
Went SD : 31.89%
Won SD : 47.74%
PFR : 7.82%

You would think I'd be up after 1,200 hands. Mucking more offsuit high cards pre-flop has helped me out quite a bit.