PDA

View Full Version : things needed to play 6,4 offsuit

12-08-2001, 02:22 PM
first it helps to be a bit crazy

you want a nice stack of chips in case you hit

borrow a bit of the thinking from Dr. Phillip Earle, a Canadian who lived in Houston for many years (sometimes reffered to as the mad doctor)....he says that if a lot of people are calling preflop it means they have a lot of the big cards and thus the deck is rich in little cards

so there I sit on the right of BB, and holding 6,4 o....five people have limped in for the $20 in this N/L game, so me too..but durned if the BB doesn't pop it for 100, only one guy folded so there are 5 other players, and it's impossible for me to resist calling

the flop brings 3s Kh 5s

checked around to me, so I decide to put in a feeler bet of 100...BB calls, fold, fold, Raise, but he only raised 200, another fold and it's back to me and I decided he did not make bigger raise because he was worried about the flush draw, so I call and BB folds. I sort of like the situation because the raiser has a big stack and so do I

the turn is blank, I check, and this time he bets only 300 which seems like a mistake to me but I guess he really is being carefull because of the two spades on the board, I call

the river card is a sight to behold...a red 2, I check, and the guy must have been so relieved to see a red card that he moved in all of his chips

sometimes I just love this game!!!

12-08-2001, 06:23 PM
I'm a little confused by:

A) so there I sit on the right of BB,

B) the flop brings 3s Kh 5s. checked around to me

C) the turn is blank, I check

What kind of game allows you to act last on the flop but first/early on the turn?

12-08-2001, 10:05 PM

12-08-2001, 10:16 PM
gr8 post,,fr8 hand...gl