PDA

View Full Version : AA in SB

JDErickson
11-16-2003, 08:32 PM
Party Poker 1/2 (9 handed)
Hero has A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif and is SB

UTG limps, EP1 limps, Button limps, Hero raises, BB calls, UTG calls, EP1 calls, Button calls

Flop(10 SB): J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Hero bets, BB calls, UTG calls, EP1 raises, Button folds, Hero 3-bets, BB caps, UTG folds, EP1 calls, Hero calls

Turn(11 1/2 BB): 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Hero bets, BB calls, EP1 calls

River(14 1/2 BB): 8/images/graemlins/club.gif

Hero bets, BB calls, EP1 raises, Hero calls, BB calls

How was my play?

I lost the hand. Any guesses with what?

Thanx
Jim

rkiray
11-16-2003, 08:47 PM
I'd slow down after one person raises you, and the other guy caps the flop. But I must admit I can't think of any hands a decent players would play this way, so I go with something crazy. EP had 55. BB had J7.

JDErickson
11-16-2003, 10:30 PM
Good guesses.

EP1 had J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, BB had J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif and took the pot.

Ray Zee
11-16-2003, 10:57 PM
the button capping on the flop gives away that you are or may be beat. so generally slow down and hope to make two bigger pair or trips. check the river.

rkiray
11-17-2003, 12:29 PM
I mentioned in my previous post that I couldn't think of any cards a decent player could play that way. These guys didn't disappoint me. I was wondering if any of the new posters would like to tell me exactly what EP1 and BB did wrong and why? (I think this might exclude Ray Zee).

PS I really like this thread. I did pretty good at the hand reading exercise and gave the same advice as Ray Zee.

JDErickson
11-17-2003, 12:58 PM
Well in my eyes neither one of them should have been in the hand at all with their starting hands.

After the flop I think they should have waited until the turn to raise. BB should have 3 bet the turn.

Jim

Alobar
11-17-2003, 01:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well in my eyes neither one of them should have been in the hand at all with their starting hands.

After the flop I think they should have waited until the turn to raise. BB should have 3 bet the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

It sucks to lose hands like that to crap, but at the same time its nice that when they hit crap they still dont play it correctly. I definatly check the river tho, with that much action on the flop against bad players, its usually cuz one of them has 2 pair.

Nottom
11-17-2003, 02:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny, I think capping the flop was about the only thing they did right.

TheRake
11-17-2003, 06:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny, I think capping the flop was about the only thing they did right.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree...after all the preaching around here about playing your vulnerable hands fast and furious why would it be correct for these guys to wait for a turn raise?

TheRake

rkiray
11-17-2003, 07:13 PM
Well their biggest mistakes by far were seeing the flop (I agree with you here). The ep's play is much worse than the BBs, but they are both bad. BTW, in the hand reading exercise I tried to give these guys a break and I picked the hand for each of them that I thought would be least bad given the way they played. EP open limping with J5 is horrid.

I thought the flop play was ok, I would have played it a little different but at least they got it capped like they should have.

The turn and river mystified me. Why didn't the capper every bet again? Why did the other guy bet the river?

JDErickson
11-17-2003, 07:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I agree...after all the preaching around here about playing your vulnerable hands fast and furious why would it be correct for these guys to wait for a turn raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

My thinking is that with such a non threatining board 2 pair would be the nuts. Calling the flop and then raising the river may reap higher profits on the hand (especially at higher level).

Jim

Nottom
11-18-2003, 01:24 AM
Actually I would likely call the 3-bet and raise the turn, but a flop raise of some sort is almost manditory.

rkiray
11-18-2003, 01:27 AM
2 pair is never the nuts. Stealing one of Mason's favorite lines "Do you see why?". This is definitely a hand that needs protecting.