PDA

View Full Version : paradise is so tough

stripsqueez
11-16-2003, 08:04 PM
i hate to advertise...but i am sick of talk about the tough games at paradise

3/6 5 max - 2 wild players - 1 is seeing all the flops and 1 i would guess 80% - i get KJo on the button and the biggest loony calls UTG and the other loony calls UTG+1 - i raise and the blinds fold - flop is Q109 rainbow - the flop is capped, i cant remember the exact order - turn is a repeat Q, which didnt worry me too much as i had been watching these guys play for a while now - UTG loony and i cap the turn as the other loony folds after contributing 2 bets to the turn - the river is a repeat 9 and i call the loonies bet to be shown 94o

i had won enough at the time this occured that i nearly wet myself with laughter when i saw this

i have a theory that the % of truly awful players per on-line site is close to constant - much of the hype in these boards about party is an illusion created by the sheer volume of players which means its a bit easier to find a loony if your looking for them

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

Horrible Player
11-16-2003, 08:23 PM
Why would you raise with KJo into 5 players? If the play is too loose and wild, play only top hands... KJo is not

stripsqueez
11-16-2003, 11:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why would you raise with KJo into 5 players? If the play is too loose and wild, play only top hands... KJo is not

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe one day i will post something on this forum and recieve a response that actually indicates that the responder has considered what the post was about - is it off topic not to talk about OIC, whoring details, etc... ??

i'm a beleiver in the scoreboard test - what interests me as an online poker player is not of interest to this forum - plainly then my interests are mundane, unhelpful, self-indulgent crap - you get that

Scotty - no particular offence intended - to answer your question - i take the view in 5 max hold'em that limpers are scum and must be punished (yes - i have limped myself, i think it was 1992 (?) - no - this is not tactical advice from TTOP)

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

MS Sunshine
11-17-2003, 02:22 AM
"......much of the hype in these boards about party is an illusion created by the sheer volume of players which means its a bit easier to find a loony if your looking for them"

Speaking for those that look for loonies, it is not an illusion that Party is an easier place to win money than Paradise. It just is.

MS Sunshine

crockpot
11-17-2003, 07:44 AM
you can espouse your theories all you want. my theory is that while there are certainly plenty of idiots at every site, there are many more per capita at sites whose marketing plans target fish better. do you see paradise marketing to fish? i don't.

MrGrob
11-17-2003, 09:09 AM
You can win at Paradise, but I prefer not to have to work that hard to make my cash /images/graemlins/wink.gif

ramjam
11-17-2003, 09:22 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
do you see paradise marketing to fish? i don't.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought they ran adverts on the Travel Channel?

On a related note, there is a GP/VC skin that advertises on Pokerpulse with the following banner: "Our players suck; if you can't win here, go back to bingo."

Legend27
11-17-2003, 09:23 AM
I'd raise there too. I feel like I'm doing something wrong if I plan on playing a hand and don't raise the limpers/blinds. Also, the average party player is considerably worse than the average paradise player.

mrbaseball
11-17-2003, 10:19 AM
On my poker tracker I have about 15000 hands on Paradise and about 20000 hands on Party at the 2-4/3-6 levels.

Interestingly my results are almost identical at both sites with both making me right around 4.5 bb per 100.

The big difference is game selection. Often the games are sparse at Paradise. Often you can only play Paradise in prime time because at off hours the games are spotty and/or non existant. Multi tabling can often be difficult to find 2+ decent games. Party by sheer volume makes it a 24-7 experience. I can wake up at 5 am on a Saturday morning and jump into a myriad of games in the limits of my choice and easily get 3 tables going at once. At Paradise there may not be 3 tables period.

I go where the games are plentiful. I still have about $50 in my Gaming Club OIC account which will probably rot. The game selection is putrid. I have no reason to even log in to see if one 2/4 or 3/6 game is even running. It probably isn't! I can't believe anyone would actually deposit money there when Party has 1000's of players going 24/7.

I'd love to see Paradise regain critical mass. It is better software than Party and has no where near the glitchyness. But until then I'll go where the players are.

crockpot
11-17-2003, 10:40 AM
you can complain all you want about affiliate marketing, but it is not a coicidence that party/skins have both the most popular and easily accessible affiliate program and the biggest user base of bad players. if paradise and stars did the same thing, it would even things out a lot.

Nottom
11-17-2003, 11:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I go where the games are plentiful. I still have about $50 in my Gaming Club OIC account which will probably rot. The game selection is putrid. I have no reason to even log in to see if one 2/4 or 3/6 game is even running. It probably isn't! I can't believe anyone would actually deposit money there when Party has 1000's of players going 24/7

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll give you a reason. Multi-table tourneys with huge overlays.

Plus there are usually lots of NL games going, including some at higher levels than party, if you are into that.

goodguy_1
11-17-2003, 11:56 AM
where there is an overlay with a buy-in of less than $100/$200 I will be there.AS long as I like the lineup/# of players.I backed out of the $500 buy-in for The Aussies Millions at Prima because once the field got so big I didnt think the overlay was worth it for me...I was just being realistic.

Thats my modus operandi on seeking out most MTT setups.

Prima/Royal Vegas and other sites has been very good to me of late but that wont last and Idont expect it to.I was very fortunate over last 2 weeks to bag more than $5k in small buy-in MTT's net.Big scores for a small/mid-limit grinder like myself.

Things have cooled expectedly and I've resumed the old ring game grind more so in last week.
MTT's are great when you are winning but if you run bad you better be making money in cash games or you are in deep chit!

warlockjd
11-17-2003, 03:52 PM
Haha, I definitely feel you. On the NL forum, I asked a question about proper bankroll for 3 tables. The response?

Play one table

Absolutely hillarious /images/graemlins/smile.gif

CORed
11-17-2003, 04:04 PM

CORed
11-17-2003, 04:08 PM
This play would be routine for me, given that 2 of the players were any-2 limpers and the other two were the blinds.