PDA

View Full Version : JJ Play from BB, Cutoff +1 raise.

BigSwede
11-16-2003, 06:52 PM
Was playing a tournament on PokerStars and got this hand pretty early in the tourney. After a little discussion with a friend he suggested a post here would clear things up.

Im on bb with 3500 i chips and I got JJ, blinds 15-30
Everyone folds to Cutoff +1 who makes it 90. The guy raising only has 760 left after the raise.
Im thinking about reraising but I dont, there´s not that much money in the pot and I want a flop. The reason for it is because I think that no mather what flop comes up he will bet on the flop. And I can easily fold my hand if an A or a K comes up, because very little money is invested so theres no reason to gamble.

The flop comes 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, I check and he bets the pot on the flop. I make it 500 total (he only had 760 before his flopbet).

Is this a bad play??

All thought are welcome.

King_J
11-16-2003, 06:57 PM
There will be an overcard on the flop very often and it is really hard to play those jacks without position, just guessing.

You have a nice stack and can afford to gamble. Give him a chance to fold KQ or call with a medium pocket pair. If he does have AA-QQ, there is not much to do IMO.

Happy fishing.

CrisBrown
11-16-2003, 10:40 PM
Hi BigSwede,

Given his stack, your stack, and your position, I'd have put him all-in pre-flop. If he has an overpair, oh well. If he calls with an overcard and hits it, oh well. But I don't like to see a flop on JJ. Your best chance to win a pot with JJ is pre-flop, so you should give yourself the best chance to win it right there.

Cris