PDA

View Full Version : AA hand

JDErickson
11-16-2003, 02:38 AM
Party Poker 1/2 (10 handed)
Hero has A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif and is MP2

EP1 limps, Hero raises, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, EP1 calls

Flop(6 SB): 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

EP1 checks, Hero bets, EP1 raises, Hero calls

Turn(5 BB): T/images/graemlins/spade.gif

EP1 bets, Hero folds

good fold?

WillMagic
11-16-2003, 02:45 AM
Argh, I hate these flops.

You are probably beat here...Unless you peg your opponent as a habitual bluffer, this is likely a good fold. Too many hands beat you here.

Will

gonores
11-16-2003, 03:02 AM
Warning: I'm drunk as hell right now

It's imperative to 3-bet this flop. If he caps it or check-raises you on this turn, you can consider folding. In your position, I think you can make an argument for either calling down or raising and folding to a 3-bet. After he bets to you on the turn, you still don't have enough information to be certain your overpair is no good.

D

Nottom
11-16-2003, 06:58 PM
I think I have to agree with Gonores on this. You have to 3-bet the flop. EP will often checkraise a 9 or even something like AT here.

If I get checked to on the turn, this might be a decent time to check behind and call a river bet. You aren't going to fold anything that is beating you and you may get another bet out of something like A9 who might bet the river but fold to a turn bet.

gcue
11-16-2003, 09:03 PM
Unless you marked your opponent as weak tight (doesn't bet what he doesn't have) then this is an easy 3bet on the flop

as someone said if he caps it then you can start thinking about folding