PDA

View Full Version : Help with a hand, when to let go off a PP?

Alobar
11-15-2003, 11:15 PM
This hand is at party 1/2, typical table, the couple people I've got a read on at the table arnt in the hand. This type of hand comes up quite a bit for me and im real unsure how to go about playing it, so any advice/help/suggestions would be a godsend.

Im dealt T /images/graemlins/diamond.gifT /images/graemlins/heart.gif UTG+1, I raise, CO calls, both blinds call

Flop: K /images/graemlins/heart.gif6 /images/graemlins/heart.gifJ /images/graemlins/heart.gif

yuck! Checked to me and I bet, CO calls, sb folds, bb calls

Turn: 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

again I'm first to bed, CO calls and the BB folds

River: K /images/graemlins/club.gif

I bet, CO raises, I fold

Should I have just check/folded straight from the flop with the two over cards on the board? I was hoping if someone had the K or the J(especially) they would be scared off. Maybe 1 bet on the flop, and then fold after that if it doesnt work?

My thought with betting the river was that if he had been calling down with a high heart or a J, he would prolly fold to my bet and I could take the pot. I would love to hear what everyone has to say, thanx

lil'
11-16-2003, 01:31 AM
I think you did fine. A lot of players will be calling you with a heart looking for the flush.

Bob T.
11-16-2003, 04:48 AM
I think that you have to stick around here, you have the ten of hearts as a flush draw, and you might be ahead anyway. You might have checkcalled the river instead.