PDA

View Full Version : realistic win rates for online NL?

soooted
11-15-2003, 09:18 PM
Can someone with at least 50k hands at online NL comment on realistic win rates?

I've logged more than 150k hands from 2.4 through 5.10 and have found my sweet spots based on game selection, time-of-day, # of tables, etc. e.g. I have no probs playing three 3.6 tables, (sometimes four if one of the four is a "slow" table... sometimes I like finding a "slow" table as many sharps won't be there but the fish tend to stay, and it allows me to add another table). But I find myself comfortable with two 5.10 tables.

I think knowing my own limits and comfort zone has been key to my success online.

Just recently I've been playing the 25/50/100 NL on Party for a change of pace and have done quite well. I enjoy the different aspect of the game. I'm curious as to realistic win rates as I want to compare vs. my current win rates vs. potential NL games. If the win rates & variance are within accepted values for me, I may add one of those games to my repetoire. I like the different decision making aspect of the NL games vs. the robotic like play at LHE. Of course, it' hard to argue with success and $ is $, but as I'm hitting the "long-term" here I think psychology and sanity is crucial to my continued success and focus.

Would appreciate any comments.

Cyndie
11-15-2003, 09:46 PM
not sure about win rates per table, but I find that playing more than one table of no limit is very stressful...and win rate goes down, because I have to pay so much more attention to the details at no limit than limit.

Even though I play fewer hands, I have to watch more closely the hands I do not play, than at limit. I am sure some would say that you need to watch all games closely, but with the number of players playing 4-6 tables successfully, that doesn't seem to be totally clear cut.

goodguy_1
11-15-2003, 09:49 PM
Hourly earn in no-limit games is based on big blinds per hour not big bets per hr in limit.

0.25/0.50 NL($25) at Party If you are a very good player after a solid sample size of 500/1000 hours you can make 10-15 times the big blind or $5.00/$7.50 per table.My win is 12 times around $6 bucks an hour per table.I can play 3 or 4 of these at once easy.I've got 975 hours at that limit.

0.50/1.00($50) I've got about 200 hours not really enough and I think my earn is unrealistically high at $15.00 per hour per table.
I think a good earn at 0.50/1.00 is 10-12 times big blind after a big sample for a very good player maybe just 10 bb's.I recall reading more experienced NLHE players having problems with $10+ an hour at these games(AeonBlues).I play no more than 2 of these at a time.This is my main game right now plus MTT's.

$1-$2 I have played at Golden Palace but not enough to be statistically significant and not much at Party.I would guess 10 times bb or $20 is very good at these tougher games..maybe Party games are much better...dont know..I am a wuss I grind out the $25 and $50's.

I've only been playing NL for like last 6 months but now its the game I pretty much play everyday.I only go back and play limit when I am running bad at no-limit.I would like to hear from more experienced NLHE players also.

goodguy_1
11-15-2003, 09:57 PM
Cindy great point and definitly true if you are playing decent semi-intelligent types but if you are playing low limit NL against weak clueless types like at Party in the 0.25/0.50 and sometimes in 0.50/1.00 you can do ok on auto-pilot.

Above minimum stakes you are correct in that NL definitely takes much more focus.