PDA

View Full Version : Omaha H/L tourney hand

M.B.E.
11-15-2003, 09:00 PM
So I've just started playing Omaha, and have no clue what I'm doing. But I've been doing pretty well in the $10 SNGs on PokerStars.

This hand is from early in a $50+5 multitable limit OHL tourney. I have the second-biggest stack on the table, and am dealt A/images/graemlins/diamond.gifA/images/graemlins/club.gifJ/images/graemlins/diamond.gif5/images/graemlins/club.gif in the cutoff. Stakes are 100/200. Two players limp and I raise to 200. Four of us take the flop.

FLOP: J/images/graemlins/club.gif6/images/graemlins/spade.gif3/images/graemlins/spade.gif. Checked to me, I bet, everyone calls.

TURN: J/images/graemlins/club.gif6/images/graemlins/spade.gif3/images/graemlins/spade.gif9/images/graemlins/heart.gif. Checked to me, I bet, BB checkraises, the other two cold-call, I call.

RIVER: J/images/graemlins/club.gif6/images/graemlins/spade.gif3/images/graemlins/spade.gif9/images/graemlins/heart.gifQ/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. BB checks, next player bets, next player folds, I call, BB folds. The bettor shows Q-T-9-8 for a straight.

So, did I misplay this? Should I have checked the turn? Should I have folded the turn after being checkraised? Or folded the river?

Also, what did the BB have? A draw for a low?

Acesover8s
11-16-2003, 02:13 AM
YOu've got to check the turn here. Against three callers you are not protecting your hand you're betting someone elses. If the turn does get checked around I'll probably call a bet here unless a high spade falls or if there is a caller before me.

Calling on the river is a mistake, and its not close.

In regards to your preflop play, I like it although some posters will probably disagree. Just make sure you're raising in position with a variety of hands so they can't "Know" you have AA. (Although if they know you have AA2 when you have AA5 you can't be in too bad of a shape).

M.B.E.
11-16-2003, 06:12 PM
Thanks for the advice, Acesover8s!

Much appreciated.