PDA

View Full Version : AQs from BB............

Gomez22
11-15-2003, 06:07 PM
Paradise .50/1.00.... loose table full of flush players

I'm in BB with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Folded to button, who calls, SB completes, I raise, both call.

FLOP(6 SB): 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB checks, I bet, button raises, SB folds, I 3-bet, button calls.

TURN: Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I bet, button calls.

RIVER: 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I bet, button calls.

Button shows Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif 10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif for the flopped flush.

Anything I coulda done here? Besides check/call the river?

PS - This was the 4th time I've been sucked out on at the river at this table....... talk about frustration!!!!!!! No tilt, though, so please don't say anything about tilting..........

MaxPower
11-15-2003, 06:59 PM
I think you have an error in your post. Did he flop the flush or river it?

If he rivered it, I think you played it perfectly. I would bet the river rather than check and call. If you check and call you will lose to most of the hands he will bet, if you bet he will call with some hands that you beat.

TheRake
11-15-2003, 07:14 PM
Gomez,
No way I 3 bet this flop. Button is representing a flush or at least 2 pair. I would call the flop raise, and then check call the turn and check fold the river to the 4th /images/graemlins/heart.gif. You have to pay attention to what the raise is telling you. You scared him with your 3 bet on the flop because he didn't have the nut flush.

TheRake

Gomez22
11-15-2003, 08:09 PM
No, Max... he flopped it...... he was playing just about anything, and was bluffing alot..... Guess I caught him right in the middle of a hand

/images/graemlins/frown.gif

TazQ
11-15-2003, 08:30 PM
Anytime someone raises at a .50/1 table means they have a flush or two pair? You need to find new tables to play at man.

rkiray
11-15-2003, 09:25 PM
I would not call it a suck out when he floped the second nut flush.

brian0729
11-15-2003, 09:37 PM
Hey Gomez,

I like your play except for the river I would check call when the 4th heart gets there.

If he would have capped the flop. I would check call the turn and river unless of course you filled up.

Gomez22
11-15-2003, 10:01 PM
OK... typo on my part.. I had been sucked out on the river 3 hands prior to this during this session.... This was NOT a suck out, I'll agree.......

MaxPower
11-15-2003, 10:34 PM
Sorry, I misread it. Disregard my post.

TheRake
11-16-2003, 12:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Anytime someone raises at a .50/1 table means they have a flush or two pair? You need to find new tables to play at man.

[/ QUOTE ]

I said he was "representing" a flush or 2 pair. If you want to 3 bet top pair against this board with no hearts in your hand that is entirely up to you. I personally would not. Guess I am weak-tight.

TheRake