PDA

View Full Version : A hand from my downward spiral last night.

SacraVia
11-15-2003, 05:29 PM
Party Poker 0.50/1 (8 handed)
Hero has 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif and is Button

MP2 limps, CO limps (Pretty loose late), Hero limps, SB limps, BB checks

Flop(5 SB): 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB checks, BB checks, MP2 checks, CO bets, Hero raises, SB calls, BB folds, MP2 calls, CO calls

Turn(9 BB): 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB checks, MP2 checks, CO bets (WTF?), Hero raises, SB calls, MP2 folds, CO calls

River(15 BB): 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB checks, CO bets, Hero raises, SB folds, CO 3-bets, Hero calls

Results to follow.

SacraVia
11-15-2003, 05:31 PM
CO shows Q8o for the pot.

I feel as though I played this fairly well. However, looking back - I see were I made the mistake in my read. Did not look at the most obvious hand he would have had. Stating that, I still would have played it the same...

I went on a downward spiral thereafter. Not because I was playing on full tilt but because I must have had the suckout sticker stuck on my forehad. I got a bit weak tight since all good hands were ending in back slaps... and then stepped away for night. I will post a few more in a bit.

alekhine8
11-15-2003, 05:52 PM
I wouldn't stress on it too much. Someone playing Q8o is probably someone you dont mind having in your game.

He hit a four-outer on the river and thats that. Postflop you cant really say his play was that bad given he had top two pair and all.

Ed Miller
11-15-2003, 07:09 PM
Postflop you cant really say his play was that bad given he had top two pair and all.

I can say it was bad. He didn't put in nearly enough action with his top two.