PDA

View Full Version : Couple Hands From Last Night For Review

Sven
11-15-2003, 02:59 PM
HAND 1
I'm dealt 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif I'm BB

UTG Calls, EMP Calls, MP3 Calls, Button Calls, SB Calls & I Check

K /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif
SB Checks, I Check with the intention for a check raise, UTG Bets, EMP Calls, SB Calls, I Raise, UTG ReRaises, EMP Calls, I Call

A /images/graemlins/spade.gif [K /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif]
I Bet, UTG Raises, EMP ReRaises, I Call, UTG Calls.

6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif [A /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif]
I Bet, UTG Calls, EMP Calls

HAND 2
I'm Dealt K /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif In CO 10 Handed

EP Calls, EMP Calls, MP1 Calls, MP2 Calls, MP3 Calls, I Call, BB Checks.

K /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif
BB Bets, EP Calls, I Raise, BB Calls, EP Calls

7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif [K /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif]
BB Checks, EP Checks, I Bet, BB Calls, EP Calls.

6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif [7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif]
BB Checks, EP Checks, I Bet, EP Calls

Both hands were good played them pretty straight forward I think does anyone see anything that I should have done differently? Thanks for your input.

jbc
11-15-2003, 03:09 PM
Hand 1:

Well played, though I would have been a bit frightened by the board.

Hand 2:

May have waited to raise until the turn to try and squeeze a few more BBs out. But, with crap kicker, the flop raise was fine.

Play well,
jbc

Sven
11-15-2003, 03:20 PM
Well with hand 1 when the turn came and UTG Raised and EMP Reraises all I could think about was who's got the J /images/graemlins/smile.gif Well I still drove on thinking that I had the best hand but you never know.

rkiray
11-15-2003, 04:01 PM
Hand 1 :

This is really interesting there must be two J /images/graemlins/spade.gifs out against you. /images/graemlins/cool.gif I think you played it fine. Could you give us some detial on how the table was playing. Looks like a bunch of maniacs.

Hand 2 looks pretty standard to me.

Sven
11-15-2003, 06:08 PM
I reviewed that whole session in poker villain and for the most part. The people that were betting had a small tie to the pot and did allot of hoping.

In this case UTG had A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif and EMP had 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif once the turn card hit 2 folded and everyone had a flush. Now all it would depend on who's spade was bigger. Hope that helps

rkiray
11-15-2003, 09:22 PM
Yeah, you were playing against maniacs. You have mastered the most important skill of beating any poker game, table selection (rough quote of GOT)

Guido
11-17-2003, 12:48 PM
Hi Sven,

Good post first of all.

Hand 1: These situation occur ones in a while and when I'm in the SB or BB I always bet out just because I think the rest doesn't believe me. The way you played on the flop is fine I think. The rest was fine also I think altough I probably wouldn't call the turn that quick.

Hand 2: Perfect

Nottom
11-17-2003, 02:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: These situation occur ones in a while and when I'm in the SB or BB I always bet out just because I think the rest doesn't believe me. The way you played on the flop is fine I think. The rest was fine also I think altough I probably wouldn't call the turn that quick.

[/ QUOTE ]

During the OIC I think I flopped a flush out of the blinds 4 times and a flush draw or top pair on a mono-board about another 4 times.

When I bet out with the flush. It was folded 3 times and the 4th time someone flopped a bigger flush. When I didn't have the flush I was called in multiple places everytime by people who didn't even have a good flush draw. It was getting to the point were I swore they could see my hand.

</rant off>

Guido
11-17-2003, 05:16 PM
The OIC is that with other 2+2ers? If that's the case a check-raise may be best /images/graemlins/grin.gif