PDA

View Full Version : Jacks play

JDErickson
11-15-2003, 02:49 PM
Party Poker 0.50/1 (9 handed)
Hero has J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif and is BB

EP1 limps, MP1 limps, MP2 limps, MP3 limps, CO limps, Button folds, SB limps, Hero checks

Flop(7 SB): 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif

SB checks, Hero bets, EP1 folds, MP1 raises, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, SB folds, Hero 3-bets, MP1 caps, CO calls, Hero calls

Turn(13 BB): K/images/graemlins/spade.gif

Hero bets, MP1 calls, CO calls

River(16 BB): 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif

Hero bets, MP1 raises, CO folds, Hero calls

No real read on players other than typical party .50/1.00. Loose.

Should I have 3 bet the flop? Should I have raised BTF?

Thanx

cold_cash
11-15-2003, 03:42 PM
I'm not sure if I would 3 bet preflop with JJ, especially since you have no position, but I think it's a situation dependent decision (like always). I think betting out is the right move after the flop, but once you're raised I might start thinking about who might have a 3, or an overpair from MP1. After the K /images/graemlins/spade.gif on the turn, I have to think you're behind and possibly drawing really thin.

If a raise prefolp would get someone holding a 3 in their hand to fold, it would obviously have been a good move. If it won't accomplish that, I would have just called also. My thinking could be flawed, but I think you played the hand ok up until the turn, where I'm guessing you should have slowed down quite a bit.

cold_cash
11-15-2003, 03:47 PM
I read your post wrong.... sorry.

I would raise JJ out of the BB against this many limpers, automatically. (I thought it had been raised once and you just called.) Also, I wouldn't be worried about an overpair either. Sorry 'bout that. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

rkiray
11-15-2003, 03:49 PM
With 5 opponents in I'd raise this to start building a pot in case a J flops. But this is high variance so if you have bankroll issues limping is ok. I'd go for a check raise on flop, but betting is ok and the 3 bet is excellent.

I don't like the turn card at all, especially since someone else capped the flop. I might go into call down mode here. But since no one raises you it's all the same, I'd definitely call one bet on the last two rounds with this big a pot.

JDErickson
11-15-2003, 03:58 PM
Opponent flipped 88 for the rivered set.

I don't think a raise BTF would have driven him out. I have trouble with QQ and JJ BTF with tons of callers

Thanx
Jim

cold_cash
11-15-2003, 04:01 PM
You and me both.

rkiray
11-15-2003, 04:05 PM
QQ I would always raise with. JJ is more either way in my opinion. Most people here don't agree with that. If you what to see some threads with real fireworks search in July for JJ in the SS forum. Several posters quit the forum over that one.