PDA

View Full Version : AT offsuit

Flounder
11-14-2003, 08:39 PM
UB .25/.50 (10 handed)
I have A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif two off the button.
Folded to player on my right (MP) who limps. I raise. BB and MP call.

The table has been typically loose passive, with a few players (like MP) calling down with some incredibly bad hands like 53o. I figure that it's a raise or fold situation.

Flop (6 1/2 SB): K /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif
BB checks. MP bets. I raise. BB and MP call.

Turn (6 BB): 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
BB checks. MP bets. I call. BB calls.

River (9 BB): T /images/graemlins/club.gif
BB checks. MP bets. I call. BB calls.

Should I have raised the river?

Alobar
11-14-2003, 08:52 PM
I wouldn't have. If they are the type of players who call everything down, it would be too easy for one of them to be holding a jack and stayed in just to hit the inside straight, especially if they held QJ or KJ as they would have had a pair along with thier draw. If you raise you get re-raised and cost yourself an extra bet (two if you call). How'd it turn out?

GuyOnTilt
11-14-2003, 08:59 PM
Preflop: Good raise. Punish and isolate the weak limper.

Flop: Good raise again.

Turn: Good.

River: Good. You don't want to raise here. Go for the overcall. Since the BB won't call a raise with a worse hand, and you're unlikely to make a better hand fold given your description of the table, and you'll get 3-bet by any Jack, you best action here is to call. You risk less to gain about the same.

I think you played very well on all streets. Good hand.

GoT

Flounder
BB had K /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and MP had A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif so I was the one dishing out a bad beat for a change. I didn't raise the river because I was scared of a straight from BB, but also because I didn't know why MP was betting into me on the turn after I raised him on the flop. I thought he might have a bigger two pair. Normally I would think that he would have raised a hand like that preflop, but I'm never sure with passive players.

rkiray
I normally don't raise with ATo. But co-1 and only one limper I'd do it sometimes (I probably should do it more). CO I'd definitely raise. You did buy the button and if you were sure the co and button would almost always fold, then the raise is very good. My impression of very small limit games though is many people call 2 cold with way too many hands.

No reason to raise river. Any J can beat you. Easy call.

rkiray
11-14-2003, 09:02 PM
How do you know it's a weak limper? He didn't provide any description.

lil'
11-14-2003, 11:54 PM
BB had K 9 and MP had A 2 so I was the one dishing out a bad beat for a change.
Bad beat my ass. You had the best hand and the best hand won. Serves him right for open limping with a 2 from MP.

Nicely played.

GuyOnTilt
11-15-2003, 01:03 AM
How do you know it's a weak limper? He didn't provide any description.

Open-limping 3 off the Button is a sign of major weakness. ATo should most definitely be raised here to punish him and to isolate him.

JTG51
11-15-2003, 02:49 AM
He said MP has been calling down with some 'incredibly bad' hands. Sounds like a good player to isolate with AT to me.