PDA

View Full Version : One more hand from the SB

Hellrazor
11-14-2003, 06:18 PM
Party Poker 1/2 (8 handed)
Razor has 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif and is SB

EP1 limps, CO limps, Button folds, Razor limps, BB checks

Flop(4 SB): T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Razor checks, BB checks, EP1 checks, CO checks

Turn(2 BB): 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Razor bets, BB folds, EP1 calls, CO folds

River(4 BB): 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif

Razor bets, EP1 raises, Razor 3-bets, EP1 calls

First question - 79o - playable from small blind? I would say yes with enough callers - is 4 enough when you don't expect the BB to raise? Other than that I am not sure there is much else I could change about my play - on the turn when my straight hit (elminating any flush possibilities) would anyone check with the intention of a check raise? I think the possibility of letting someone draw to the higher gutshot straight with a possible freecard negates this play - correct?

Thanks.

EP1 had ATo for 2 pair. How bad was his slowplay of top and bottom pair on the flop?

MortalNuts
11-14-2003, 06:52 PM
My advice, for what little it's worth /images/graemlins/wink.gif :

I don't play 79o from the SB with only two limpers in front of me, even at a fairly passive table. If it were suited, I'd usually play it here.

Post-flop looks fine to me. I bet out on the turn, too -- you're not only uncertain to get a bet behind you, but in addition I think there are hands you have nicely beat that fold if forced to call 2 here.

Slowplaying ATo with that flop looks pretty terrible to me. With that holding, I would bet out on the flop every time.

lil'
11-14-2003, 06:57 PM
Fold 7-9o pre-flop. It'll get you in trouble. The rest of the hand is easy.

Considering one broadway card could make a straight for anyone, his slowplay is horrible.

JDErickson
11-14-2003, 07:17 PM
Fold preflop even in the SB.

rkiray
11-14-2003, 08:08 PM
I think you have it backwards. 79o is not a good multi-way hand. I'd be more inclined to complete against one or no limpers. The more limpers the faster I dump it.