PDA

View Full Version : Blind defense?

mrbaseball
11-14-2003, 02:55 PM
Playing in a Stars multi nl tourney. Blinds are 75/150.

I am BB with 2 crappy cards and it's folded to sb who makes it 450 to go and I fold. Next round still 75/150 and in BB I get 2 more crappy cards. Folded to sb who makes it 450 and I fold.

I'm pretty sure these are both pure steals but my hands are like 23o and 83o.

Next round blinds up to 100/200 and once again folded to sb who makes it 600 to go. I push all in with KTo. We both had about equal stacks of around 2500T. As expected he folded.

How often do you let a guy steal before you play back? Do your cards really matter? I would like to have something semi-reasonable just in case I get called. The second time he pulled this I really wanted to fire back but I think I had something like 83o. I told myself right then if he ever tried it again I would shove in no matter what I had. Does it have to be an all in raise to fight back? Neither of us were in great shape and both slightly below average chips. I want him to fold. Will a lessor raise in this situation accomplish this? When I am caught stealing I typically fold to any raise.

This happened one more time where it was folded around to him. This time he folded /images/graemlins/smile.gif