PDA

View Full Version : Party 15-30

NYplayer
11-14-2003, 02:30 PM
Here's a party poker hand I think i may have played very poorly. comments on all streets appreciated.

I'm in SB with Kc5c, UTG limps, pre-flop-raiser (PFR) raises, 4 players cold call, i call, BB calls, UTG call.
7 to the flop for 2 bets.

flop: Kh, 7d, 4s
I bet, BB folds, UTG calls, PFR calls, 2 of the cold callers call.
5 players: 9.5 bb's in pot
Turn: 9s [Kh 7d 4s]
I check (would you all bet again?)
UTG bets, PFR calls, both cold calls fold. I call (should I have raised or folded?)
3 players 12.5 BBs

River: Ac [9s Kh 7d 4s]
I check, UTG bets, PFR calls, what should I do call raise or fold?

NYplayer
11-14-2003, 02:39 PM
I folded figuring i'm beat in at least one spot. UTG took it down with 9d 3d, making one pair on the turn. PFR had 66.

preflop i think calling with a suited king after 5 players are in for 2 bets is fine (especially since the BB will probably come along).

on the flop I was deciding between betting, check calling and check raising. Given the position of the pre flop raiser i thought betting would be best. a check raise won't narrow the field as there is only one player between me and the pre flop raiser.

I think i should have probably bet the turn given I was only called on the flop. i was called by 4 players on an uncordinated board though and figured someone had a better king or flopped big. maybe i should have folded the turn then after i checked, it was bet, and there was a caller. the pot was still large though and the chance that my king was good coupled with the chance that I catch a 5 made me throw in 1 more bet ( i was getting 12.5 to 1).
I think i was correct to fold on the river given that the preflop raiser smooth called both the flop and turn and now called a bet when the river came an ace. i'm almost surely beat in 1 spot here.

gaylord focker
11-14-2003, 02:57 PM
Preflop- Fold. Makes the rest of your decisions much easier.

Flop- I think betting out is fine, or if PFR is aggresive, I think checkraising is fine too.

Turn- I would probably bet have bet out.

River- Looks like you're beat but I havnt looked at the resluts. Hard to believe the raiser can call the river without at least a better king. Fold.

bsk1999
11-14-2003, 03:08 PM
Call me crazy but I thought the point of playing K5s, if at all, was to try and hit a flush draw or two pair on the flop. So, you didn't hit either of these, and you bet out and get called in 4 places. I would figure I'm beat and check-fold the turn because of this. So fold after the bet and try to play the K5s in better position.

gaylord focker
11-14-2003, 03:22 PM
"Call me crazy but I thought the point of playing K5s, if at all, was to try and hit a flush draw or two pair on the flop. So, you didn't hit either of these, and you bet out and get called in 4 places. I would figure I'm beat and check-fold the turn because of this. So fold after the bet and try to play the K5s in better position."

I'm not sure I agree. You cant go throwing away the top pair in spots like this, especially when the pot has become large and no one has played back at you. The king isnt much of a limpers card, and since no one raised the flop I would assume I had the best hand. The 9 isnt the greatest card in the world, but it's not the worst either. It's also probably going to give a player or two a straight draw, which is all the more reason to bet.

bsk1999
11-14-2003, 04:05 PM
So what do you put the pre-flop raiser on?
I don't think you can put much into the fact that no one played back at him on the flop, because any made hand, or TP decent kicker has not much to worry about. So, without knowing the texture of the game, and no reads on any of the players, I would fold.
If you don't advocate folding, then wouldn't the turn be the place to check-raise the better? this way you could easily fold to a re-raise. or check-call the river. But I surely don't agree with calling.

GuyOnTilt
11-14-2003, 04:37 PM
preflop i think calling with a suited king after 5 players are in for 2 bets is fine (especially since the BB will probably come along).

This was a bad call. You're out of position to play when you flop top pair and won't have any idea where you're at. You have a trash hand, muck accordingly. If you had posted in the CO and there were 4 cold-callers to you, then you could make an argument for seeing the flop.

on the flop I was deciding between betting, check calling and check raising. Given the position of the pre flop raiser i thought betting would be best. a check raise won't narrow the field as there is only one player between me and the pre flop raiser.

I would've checked the flop for information. The action behind you could tell you if there's a chance you're in the lead, or if you're hopelessly behind and drawing to 3 outs.

GoT

lil'
11-14-2003, 07:20 PM
He's gonna get over 8:1 on his call. What so bad about calling pre-flop? I know he's out of position and all, but he figures to get paid off nicely if he hits.

If it's -ev, it's not horribly so.