PDA

View Full Version : 1 table tourney-- high blinds to stack ratio strategy

fireman664
11-14-2003, 10:59 AM
I played in what was suppose to be a multi table home tourney. I ended up being just one full table. It was $100 buy in, with a $100 rebuy or add on at anytime within the first hour. The thing is, $100 bought you $150 in chips (for the rebuy/add-on also). The blinds started at 5-10, but after one rotation jumped to 10-20 (stayed at 10-20 till someone went out). This seemed very high to me in relation to stack size, and I wasnt sure of the proper strategy. I played tighter, and after mucking KK on the turn of a board reading QA5Q (ck raised my bet on the 2nd Q)
i was very shortstacked and forced to go all in 2 hands later with slick (and lost) Had a chance to rebuy, but the blinds were no going to be 15-30. Thinking back I believe I should have played looser (or not played)
any help

Paul2432
11-14-2003, 12:51 PM
Was it limit or no-limit?

If it was NL, with very short stacks, if you are the opener, just go all-in with any decent hand. To call an all-in, or other big bet you should have something fairly good.

In limit, play aggressive and try and win pots without showdowns. If a big portion of your stack is invested, you have to be willing to go all the way with a weak hand.

Paul