PDA

View Full Version : Al-Qaeda Plan Attack to Kill 100,000+ Americans in USA During Ramadan?

MMMMMM
11-14-2003, 09:12 AM
(excerpt) "November 14, 2003 Al-Qa'ida Commander in Iraq: 'A Terror Attack Against the U.S. With 100,000 Deaths is Imminent; We Ordered the Riyadh Bombing'

Al-Qal'a (The Fortress) an Islamist Internet forum, posted the first of a two-part interview with a person who introduced himself as Abu Salma Al-Hijazi, one of the Al-Qa'ida commanders closest to Osama bin Laden. [1] The interview was conducted in Iraq, south of Faluja. The article notes that Al-Hijazi was surrounded by five masked men carrying missiles as well as personal weapons. The article was posted by Abu Saqr Al-Najdi; no other details were given. The following are excerpts from the interview:

100,000 Deaths Expected in An Imminent Attack Against the U.S.

In regard to rumors about a large-scale attack against the U.S. during the month of Ramadan, Al-Hijazi said that "a huge and very courageous strike" will take place and that the number of infidels expected to be killed in this attack, according to primary estimates, exceeds 100,000. He added that he "anticipates, but will not swear, that the attack will happen during Ramadan." He further stated that the attack will be carried out in a way that will "amaze the world and turn Al-Qai'da into [an organization that] horrifies the world until the law of Allah is implemented, actually implemented, and not just in words, on His land... You wait and see that the balance of power between Al-Qai'da and its rivals will change, all of a sudden, Allah willing." (end excerpt)

http://www.memri.org/bin/latestnews.cgi?ID=SD60903

adios
11-14-2003, 10:48 AM
I saw this report and it's absolutely chilling. Does anyone have any doubts that possession of WMD's in these savages possession would be used to bring about such an end as indicated here? I think the current regime in Saudi Arabia will be toppled eventually. Then the highly profitable and effecient Saudi oil industry is in the hands of Al-Qaeda. Anyone think they could buy a nuke then? Again I'd recommend looking into investments in energy production particularly oil and natural gas that obviously have nothing to do with Saudi Arabia.

elwoodblues
11-14-2003, 10:53 AM
This report is utterly disturbing. I think the best response would be to bomb Iraq... /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

adios
11-14-2003, 11:08 AM
You mean like Clinton did in 1998?

B-Man
11-14-2003, 11:09 AM
Agreed.

I think a terrorist attack on U.S. soil using WMD sometime in the next 10 years is highly probable.

And if New York or D.C. gets nuked, the U.S. response will probably be to nuke most of the middle east.

We need to do everything we can to keep WMD from getting into the hands of the terrorists.

Kurn, son of Mogh
11-14-2003, 11:25 AM
What the US needs to do is make an oil treaty with Mexico, Venezuela, Norway, the UK and Russia to form a counter-OPEC cartel. Step #2 would be to dump oil on the international market at 10% of current prices and cripple the middle-eastern economy.

Obviously, this treaty will be a difficult task, but the Russians have as much concern about Islamism as we do. The real difficulty will be in getting that Castro-wannabe Chavez out of Venezuela.

elwoodblues
11-14-2003, 11:27 AM
Yep...the 1998 attacks by the UN were in response (either directly or indirectly) to 9/11 and Iraq's supposed association with terrorism.

adios
11-14-2003, 11:48 AM
You're confused about dates and when things happend /images/graemlins/cool.gif.

slamdunkpro
11-14-2003, 11:48 AM
IF this were to happen - Our response should be gangster like, no more like Stalinesque, find out where they came from go there and ask where are they? No response? Destroy them - totally. Go to the next little tyrant and ask again. Repeat until they are all dead. Keep picking at King Kong's toenail and sooner or later he's gonna step on you.

Chris Alger
11-14-2003, 12:18 PM
Terrorists want the intensify anti-American hatred, so they kill 3,000 Americans, causing us to conquer Iraq, causing greater anti-American hatred and making Iraq a locus for terrorists who now threaten to kill 100,000 Americans, which means we should redouble our efforts to conquer Iraq and other places.

Getting your enemy to enlist as your ally. These box cutter guys are pretty smart.

David Steele
11-14-2003, 03:16 PM
When exactly is this holiday over so we can relax?

D.

adios
11-14-2003, 03:38 PM
They didn't say 100,000 people in Canada so you don't have to be concerned.

andyfox
11-14-2003, 03:44 PM
I thought the invasion of Iraq was supposed to make us safer.

adios
11-14-2003, 03:52 PM
"I thought the invasion of Iraq was supposed to make us safer."

Your implication is that the Iraqi regime change made us less safe. Why does the pledge of Al Qaeda, cited by M, prove that we are in more danger because of the regime change? Doesn't compute logically to me.

Zeno
11-14-2003, 04:07 PM
Religion is a disease - you can never relax.

-Zeno

andyfox
11-14-2003, 04:22 PM
When the U.S. was on the verge of invading Iraq, Bin Laden urged his followers to temporariily unite with the Iraqi infidels to combat the greater infidels. The enemy of my enemy is my friend and all that.

Combatting terrorism, by invading Iraq and removing the regime, was supposed to make us safer. Yet here is a threat to kill 100,000.

andyfox
11-14-2003, 04:48 PM
"Religion is a disease"

So are nationalism, racism, gun-worship, and early position limping. You're right, we can never relax.

David Steele
11-14-2003, 05:43 PM
I think I know what you are implying ( about me ).

Getting bush out of office would be worth skipping a statiscal blip in the GNP. It has long term economic benefit
to the US and the world and lot of other advantages.

In no way do I want to see any harm come to the US and not just because it will certainly hurt Canada as well.

D.

Zeno
11-14-2003, 06:48 PM
"Gun-worship" /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

In America, gun-worship is a duty not a disease. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

The disease of ism's is the cancer of humanity.

Hope everyone has a safe weekend.

-Zeno

ACPlayer
11-15-2003, 07:57 AM
In two years since 9/11 we have diddled and done little to reduce the threat to the US.

In fact as Chris A has repeatedly pointed out we have increased the chances of an attack on us by a) continiuing a blatantly one-sided policy in the Israel/Palestinian conflict and b) invading Iraq and making it a point of target for terrorists.

Lesser policies leading to angst in the Muslim population: support for dictators like Musharref (from whence will come Nukes that may be used in the US) and the leaders of Uzbek/kazakstan.

These policies have provided aid and comfort to our enemy by creating conditions making it easier to recruit suicide bombers.

We neeed political as well as military/police based solutions. We have shown our "competence" in political solutions by the situation in Iraq.

Wake up CALL
11-15-2003, 09:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In two years since 9/11 we have diddled and done little to reduce the threat to the US.

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be living in a vacuum AC to even imagine something like that much less write it in public.

Bill Murphy
11-16-2003, 03:37 AM
Didn't bother w/the link; no point stressing about something I've no control over.

I'm sure AQ would love to take out a huge sporting event crowd on national TV if they could. They prolly can't w/o WMD, in fact that's the only way for something that big.

Some major Uni's prolly have several dozen(at least) Islamist students & faculty who would gladly participate in such a thing, and I'm sure they meet & dream.

If/when another biggie hits here, you'll see martial law and mass detentions & expulsions of all Muslims/Middle Easterners. House to house & mosque to mosque searches, etc.

Islamists have pursued a smart strategy. No attacks in Europe, so the split w/the US widens, while the huge immigration takes place there. The cowardliness of European politicos is exceeded only by the greed & stupidity of American ones. Saudi Arabia has always been the real- never mind.

Question. If Israel had never been created; all Jewish refugees welcomed to the US w/open arms & immed citizenship; and the US would've told Britain tae fug off w/all the plotting in post WWII Middle East(I realize I'm in utter fantasy land now); what would the world be like now? Zionist terrorist orgs a la PLO, Hezbollah, AQ?

BTW Britain also could've done a better job w/the ol' India-Pakistan border, but again, never mind.

Can't beat religion and oil politics for a good time.

Cyrus
11-16-2003, 06:06 AM
"What the US needs to do is make an oil treaty with Mexico, Venezuela, Norway, the UK and Russia to form a counter-OPEC cartel. Step #2 would be to dump oil on the international market at 10% of current prices and cripple the middle-eastern economy."

Let's see. A cartel that would be created to destroy the economy of 5/6ths of its partners! I'm sure this is one plan that the best and the brightest in State Department are busy working on right now.

And perhaps you should not be including the UK (http://www.dti.gov.uk/energy/whitepaper/index.shtml#wp) in 'em.

adios
11-16-2003, 08:35 AM
Awesome post.

Cyrus
11-17-2003, 02:46 AM
"Britain also could've done a better job w/the ol' India-Pakistan border, but again, never mind."

But this would go against the very foundations of British foreign policy!

It has always been the case that whenever and wherever the British established their colonial rule or abandoned a former colony to "its own" devices, they created on purpose one or more grievances and frictions between groups of the native population or ethnic groups, to the point of laying the ground for future wars, or at the very least hostility.

This has been a staple of British foreign policy. (Witness Cyprus, where they encouraged Greek and Turkish nationalism, working both sides on the sly; witness Bosnia where the "peace plan" that was put forth by Dr Owen was a glaringly obvious recipe for future disaster; witness all of Africa which was divided along artificial lines on the map in order to separate ethnic groups and create antagonism; witness India, West Pakistan, East (!) Pakistan; etc)

MMMMMM
11-17-2003, 05:16 AM
Well how many did al-Qaeda intend to kill on 9/11. Wouldn't it have been 100,000 then, if they could have?