PDA

View Full Version : 30-60 Check the nuts hand

PokerPrince
11-14-2003, 06:04 AM
Six handed game, lineup is nothing special. Folded to me on the Button and I raise with A /images/graemlins/spade.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB reraises me, BB folds. This SB is quite an aggressive player who has been reraising me a lot, especially from the blinds. I decide to reraise him. He calls.

Flop-A /images/graemlins/heart.gifA /images/graemlins/club.gifJ /images/graemlins/spade.gif

The flop hit me a little. He checks, I bet and he calls. I feel he would do this with a gutshot or underpair, maybe even a Jack.

Turn-A /images/graemlins/heart.gifA /images/graemlins/club.gifJ /images/graemlins/spade.gif6 /images/graemlins/club.gif

He checks, I check.

River-A /images/graemlins/heart.gifA /images/graemlins/club.gifJ /images/graemlins/spade.gif6 /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

He bets, I raise, he reraises, I reraise, he calls.

Obviously my hand is very good here. What do you think of the turn check and how often do you make it if at all?

PokerPrince

rigoletto
11-14-2003, 06:48 AM
I generally like the turn check here, but your reraise preflop looks like a pocket pair, so If you put him on a A or pocket pair I would bet the turn looking for a checkraise from an A and a call from something like JJ/TT.

RollaJ
11-14-2003, 02:15 PM
Not badly played, but this time it seems you missed a few bets on the turn. Against an aggressive player though I feel the slowplay to induce a bluff has a lot of merit

andyfox
11-14-2003, 02:17 PM
Except for the 2nd club coming, I think his is a perfect time for a check behind.

I'm your opponent: you raise pre-flop from the button, OK, you haven't got much. You bet the flop, OK, you're going to bet any flop, I still don't put you on much. Now you check the turn. Aha! Just as I suspected.

In 30-60, lots of guys will bet the river no matter what here once you've checked behind on the turn.

On the other hand (isn't there always one?), maybe he picked up a flush draw to go with his gut-shot and maybe he was slow-playing the case ace, and maybe he's gonna put me on nothing and bluff-raise the turn and follow thru with another bet on the river since maybe he figured I picked up a flush draw, and maybe . . .

So there are good arguments, I think, for both betting and checking.

Ulysses
11-14-2003, 02:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm your opponent: you raise pre-flop from the button, OK, you haven't got much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Andy, in general, I agree with your pros/cons in this hand, but note one important point.

Pre-flop, he raised from the button, SB 3-bet, he 4-bet. SB will often think he might have something at that point.