PDA

View Full Version : Micro Limit Forum

Mason Malmuth
11-14-2003, 01:39 AM
Hi Everyone:

We had a number of requests for something on the micro limits so here it is.

I'm not sure how much the discussion here will differ from what the small limit forum should be, but we'll find out. In general, the micro limit games should feature many players who not only play too many hands but go too far with them. This changes some of your strategy decisions from what it would be in a tougher game.

I'll be dropping in from time to time, and I see that our own Ray Z has already made a visit. So for those of you interested, best of luck with the new forum.

Best wishes,
Mason

gonores
11-14-2003, 01:53 AM
Thanks for the new toy, Mason. This is going to improve the quality of threads for both micro= and SS players.

I'm pretty sure you caught this in another thread, but we were hoping you could plug this forum in between the General Hold Em Forum and the Small Stakes Forum.

Thanks again,

Doug

Doug.

Mike Gallo
11-14-2003, 09:15 AM
In general, the micro limit games should feature many players who not only play too many hands but go too far with them. This changes some of your strategy decisions from what it would be in a tougher game.

You could not have said it any better.

Thanks again for creating this forum.

ElSapo
11-14-2003, 11:22 AM
Has there been any discussion of moving micro limits under the Texas Hold'em heading?

In any event, thanks for creating the forum.

Joe Tall
11-14-2003, 11:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure how much the discussion here will differ from what the small limit forum should be

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it is breaking out some of the quantity of posts in the SS and allowing all the posts to get viewed.

I also believe this forum should be moved into the Texas Hold'em category as 80% of the posters who answered my poll do too: Joe Tall's Micro Forum Poll (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=404485&page=1&view=collap sed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1)

I'm still waiting for the 'Pooh-Bah Cafe' forum!/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks Mason,
Joe Tall

JDErickson
11-14-2003, 12:37 PM
What is the guidelines between SS and Micro? My term of micro may be different than JoeTall and GOT's

For new players 1/2 can be be high stakes (for them).

Thanx
Jim

GuyOnTilt
11-14-2003, 12:41 PM
I think the general concensus seems to be that 1/2 and down belong in the micro forum, and 2/4 and up should get posted in SS. The line between mid-high and SS is a little more vague, and I post hands in both more depending on the table texture than the actual limit.

JDErickson
11-14-2003, 01:21 PM
That was sort of my point GOT. I really don't see any reason for Micro forum. Posters and responders make adjustments to their posts based on the limit. You wouldn't give the same answers to a player in .5/.10 as you would in 5/10. As long as a poster states the limits he is playing in then you can adjust your answers. I'm afraid all the new forum will do is dilute the good responses to posts when the veterans get tired of viewing the Micro forum.

I for one am trying furiously to move up to the low/mid limits. I can't do that by playing with micro adjustments. So if I play 1/2 but play under 3/6 adjustments where do I post these?

Guess I'll wait and see how it pans out.

Thanx
Jim

GuyOnTilt
11-14-2003, 01:35 PM
I really don't see any reason for Micro forum. Posters and responders make adjustments to their posts based on the limit. You wouldn't give the same answers to a player in .5/.10 as you would in 5/10. As long as a poster states the limits he is playing in then you can adjust your answers. I'm afraid all the new forum will do is dilute the good responses to posts when the veterans get tired of viewing the Micro forum.

The turn-over rate of posts on the SS forum have been ridiculous in the past month. There's just too much traffic running through there to keep the forum's level of helpfulness at as high a level as it has been in the past. This new forum should cut down a lot of the volume and allow more attention to be spent on interesting or difficult posts in SS and here.

As for your particular dilema on where to post, I'd put 1/2 hands in the micro forum for now. As time goes by I'm sure the specific boundaries will work themselves out naturally.

GoT

lil'
11-14-2003, 01:56 PM
The line between mid-high and SS is a little more vague, and I post hands in both more depending on the table texture than the actual limit.

SS goes up to $6-$12, as stated on the main index page. Of course, nobody uses that page...