PDA

View Full Version : Second nut flush draw--how was my play?

bdk3clash
11-13-2003, 10:03 PM
Party Poker 1/2 (9 handed)
bdk3clash has Q /images/graemlins/club.gif, K /images/graemlins/club.gif and is MP1

bdk3clash raises, MP3 calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls

Flop(6 SB): 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif, A /images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif

BB checks, bdk3clash bets, MP3 raises, BB folds, bdk3clash calls

Turn(5 BB): 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif

bdk3clash checks, MP3 bets, bdk3clash raises, MP3 3-bets, bdk3clash caps, MP3 calls

River(13 BB): 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

bdk3clash bets, MP3 calls

I thought that MP3 was likely to bet the turn since he was unlikely to put me on a flush draw given my flop bet, hence the check-raise. I think betting out the turn may have tipped my hand and he may have just called (correctly, if he has A /images/graemlins/club.gif or a set.) As it turns out, he was ready to rumble and leading into him would have accomplished the same result (capped on the turn.)

When he three-bet me, the range of hands I could see him having included A /images/graemlins/club.gifX /images/graemlins/club.gif, A /images/graemlins/club.gifXo, A3, A2, 23, 33, or 22, hence my cap. If he raised my river bet, I would most likely call down. (Would anyone three-bet in that instance?)

Questions:

-How was my play on each street?
-What did my opponent have?

JTG51
11-13-2003, 10:12 PM
I think you played it prefectly.

bdk3clash
11-13-2003, 10:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you played it prefectly.

[/ QUOTE ]

[Sniffle] Thank you. That means a lot coming from you. (No sarcasm intended.)

JTG51
11-13-2003, 10:18 PM
Thanks. I can really feel the love on this new forum. I like it!

I should have said perfectly played assuming you bet the river and call a potential raise. I'm going to take back my perfectly played if you check folded the river. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Joe Tall
11-13-2003, 10:22 PM
Hey clash!

I like the London Calling logo, btw.

Once you are heads up on the flop I'd call the raise. If you had a player trapped between you and the flop raiser, you might want to 3-bet your draw. But you didn't and played perfectly.

Beautiful check-raise on the turn.

[ QUOTE ]
I thought that MP3 was likely to bet the turn since he was unlikely to put me on a flush draw given my flop bet, hence the check-raise. I think betting out the turn may have tipped my hand and he may have just called (correctly, if he has A /images/graemlins/club.gif or a set.) As it turns out, he was ready to rumble and leading into him would have accomplished the same result (capped on the turn.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I like your deduction here!

[ QUOTE ]
If he raised my river bet, I would most likely call down. (Would anyone three-bet in that instance?)

[/ QUOTE ]

With the board pairing on the river, I'd call any raise, who knows maybe could have 33.

You opponent had the A /images/graemlins/club.gif I would say.

Now tell me, what would have you plan been if the 4th /images/graemlins/club.gif hit the river?

Nice post,
Joe Tall

Joe Tall
11-13-2003, 10:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[Sniffle] Thank you. That means a lot coming from you. (No sarcasm intended.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Great. That's all JTG needs is another ego-stroke. I can see the hot air rising up into Worcester county now. Puke. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

bdk3clash
11-13-2003, 10:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Now tell me, what would have you plan been if the 4th /images/graemlins/club.gif hit the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is assuming that the 4th /images/graemlins/club.gif on the river isn't the A /images/graemlins/club.gif, right? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anyway, I think I would check-call? I can't see him betting with anything other than the A /images/graemlins/club.gif if the 4th club hits on the river, but who knows. The pot is certainly big enough at that point to justify a "crying" call.

Betting doesn't seem to make much sense, as it would most certainly trigger a raise from the nut flush, and probably a fold from most other hands. I guess if I was feeling uber-frisky I would bet out and call a raise, but I'm definitely leaning toward check-call.